Twenty-Five: FROM RAQUEL TO ELIZA

LOOK AT WHAT MY GIRL CoraFedora MADE FOR ME MY GOSH THIS IS GORGEOUS I STILL CAN'T-

ENJOY THE CHAPTER LOVIES.

Raquel:

Alright, what gives?

Eliza:

What?

Raquel:

Do you like Kaldur, aka Aqualad, or not?

Eliza:

...

Yes.

Raquel:

Then what's the big deal?

Eliza:

You honestly think I'd get a chance with him? You're on his team AND you kissed him. Aren't you gonna take a chance to date him?

Besides, you know I don't want a steady boyfriend until I'm ready for marriage and that's not for five years AT LEAST.

Raquel:

A date is different from a boyfriend but that's besides the point.

And yeah, that'd be awesome, but I don't like him as much as I thought I did. And what's more important, he likes you.

Eliza:

Haha right.

I'm still a mess from cancer. My anxiety has been going through the roof since last summer. I'm behind in my grades. I can't even sing anymore.

Dangit, I can't even remember to read my scriptures for seminary anymore!

What would a freaking superhero like him want with a stupid clingy girl with me?

Raquel:

Woah.

Hey.

What did we say about self-depracating?

Eliza:

To not do it.

Raquel:

Right.

Cancer did not mess you up, babe. Remember, you beat it.

Your anxiety, well, that's not under your control, but you can deal with it.

Your grades are getting better. Mr. Palmer says you're getting so much better!

And you can still sing. You just didn't have time to prepare for auditions this year.

And yes, that is my fault.

Kaldur doesn't care about any of that. We talk about you at the cave when we're texting with you, and his entire face just lights up and every time you send him a message he gets a dorky little smile and Robin has informed me that he seldom smiled until you started texting him.

Liz, that boy likes you

Eliza:

Well, yeah. Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry, Raquel, I don't know what came over me.

Raquel:

Its fine, babe. Now, do you want to date Kaldur or not?

Eliza:

Yes.

But can we please talk about this after the play finishes? I've got enough to worry about with fixing everyone's costumes and Madame Rouge making me learn all of Ariel's lines even though there's no way they're gonna need me.

Audrey never gets sick. She'd never miss the play.

Raquel:

Fine.

But anything can happen you know.