Eighteen: FROM ELIZA TO ZATANNA

Eliza:

Hey girl, I just heard. What's up?

Zatanna:

Just crying it out in my bedroom rn how about you?

Eliza:

Isolating myself in my bedroom so my parents will stop freaking out over me.

Oh, sorry, that might have been insensitive. I didn't mean to sound hurtful.

Zatanna:

No it's not, don't worry.

Do you have any stuffies for company? I got my rag doll my mom sewed and the stuffed dog from my dad.

Eliza:

I got a Pikachu from Raquel and a cat I haven't been able to sleep without since I was a baby.

Zatanna:

Good. It's better to be alone in your room with something to snuggle with than without something to snuggle with.

Eliza:

True, very true.

Zatanna:

What's going on with your parents?

Eliza:

They're still freaking out over the adults and kids being separated thing and they're still worried that anything I do will trigger a relapse and now my mom's suggesting I come straight home from school instead of going to play rehearsal, and Dad's even considering having me be homeschooled since my "weakened immune system" is more likely to catch germs over there.

Zatanna:

Coming from a seasoned veteran, homeschool isn't that bad, but I guess you wouldn't get to see your friends as much as you'd like to.

But taking away your drama club is out of the question.

Eliza:

Obviously.

Zatanna:

And let me guess, you've tried talking to them about it, but they won't listen.

Eliza:

DINGDINGDING!

Zatanna:

Try writing it all down. Write down  everything you're feeling or you want them to know on a piece of paper and give it to them.

Eliza:

But what if they just glaze over all of it?

Zatanna:

Maybe they will. But you have to try.

And if that doesn't work, get another adult who's sympathetic to you to back you up.

In my case, it was Batman.

Eliza:

Well yeah duh, like that won't help your cause.

Zatanna:

Good luck, Eliza.

Eliza:

Thanks, Zee.