Twenty-One: FROM KALDUR TO ELIZA

Kaldur:

Artemis and Zatanna told me to tell you that I was back.

I am back!

Eliza:

OHMYGOSH YOU'RE BACK!!!

I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!!

*hugs you over the phone*

Kaldur:

I did not know that was possible.

Eliza:

It's really not, just pretend that I'm hugging you.

Kaldur:

Ah, I see. That is something most pleasing to imagine.

I could use a hug after tonight.

Eliza:

What did the team do this time?

Kaldur:

I am not certain if you remember Red Arrow, a friend of Robin, Kid Flash, and myself.

He is a few years older than myself, and most of the team, and has never been very patient with authority. He refused to join the team because he believed that the "Junior Justice League" was a joke to keep all of us in our place and to keep us from causing too much trouble.

Which is a ridiculous reason because have you seen the trouble they get into on a covert mission?

Well, I suppose you haven't, but I estimate that we have had something blow up at least once every mission.

Eliza:

Now I'm not an English major in training like Raquel,but I'm pretty sure that explosions are the exact opposite of "covert".

Kaldur:

My point exactly.

Apparently, Red Arrow will be admitted into the League by the end of the year, but Green Arrow, his mentor, wanted to prepare him for teamwork and "set a good example" for the rest of us and had him join the team.

He, Artemis, Kid Flash, and myself were assigned to a mission tonight chasing after Sportsmaster and Cheshire, two known villains. Red and Artemis never really got along very well, and his presence caused Artemis great anxiety that she might be replaced, encouraging her to attempt to take on the two criminals on her own.

We all nearly died several times tonight and Sportsmaster and Cheshire escaped.

Eliza: 

Oh my gosh, are you okay?

Kaldur

I am fine, but Roy brought up a point the rest of the team and I have long since dismissed- the mole.

Eliza

Wasn't that when I thought you guys were all a soccer team and everyone else wouldn't talk to you because you didn't tell them about said mole?

Kaldur

Correct. Roy remains adamant that someone on the team is a mole.

Eliza

And you aren't?

Kaldur

I have fought side by side with every member of the team. I trust them. If they planned to betray us, they would have done so already.

Eliza

Makes sense. I think your Roy is just jealous.

Kaldur

Jealous?

Eliza

He was Speedy, right? And he walked out on you and Rob and Kid right before you guys met Arty and Supey and Miss M? He might be mad at himself for leaving you guys and jealous that you found some new friends so quickly.

Kaldur

You make a very good point.

Eliza

Crap, that might be why Raquel is ditching me all the time now.

Kaldur

Pardon?

Eliza

I have so much fun texting you guys, maybe Raquel keeps rejecting my hangout invites because I ignore her when we do hang out. 

Kaldur

While I am glad that you enjoy texting with my friends and me, your friends in real life are just as important. 

Eliza

I'm gonna bring her a chocolate milkshake and French Fries from my mom's place (and her favorite nachos from my dad's place), leave my phone at home, and take Howl's Moving Castle and Ponyo over to her house for a movie night, since it is a Friday. How does that sound?

Kaldur

That sounds like great fun :)

Eliza

Hey, you're using emojis!

Kaldur

The rest of you use them all the time, why can't I?

Eliza

I am so proud of you.

Kaldur

Have fun, Eliza <3

....

Eliza

Thanks, Kal. Good luck dealing with everyone else. <3

Kaldur

Thank you, I will need it.

In case you wonder why the updates are so fast, the chapters are very quick and easy to write in this format, as well as less pressure to write longer chapters because it's all via text. The end is in sight and there's this one part I'm really excited to write about.

Also I am addicted to this story. *dies from all the cuteness*