Eleven: FROM ELIZA TO KAL

Eliza:

I don't suppose you and your team had anything to do with stopping those big plant creature attacks happening all over the world, did you?

Kal:

I have no idea what you are speaking of.

Eliza:

Come on, the Justice League going out and stopping all those coordinated plant attacks all over the world at the same time your team has a mission?

Come on, you're a hero! At least have the decency to brag about it a bit.

Kal:

Very well, it was me and my team who destroyed the central control unit for the plant-creatures attacking worldwide.

Eliza:

WHOOP WHOOP!

GO KALDUR! GO KALDUR! GO KALDUR! GO KALDUR!

Speaking of your team, how many people are on it?

Kal:

Do you promise not to tell anyone?

Eliza:

Who would I tell? No one cares what a sixteen-year-old girl has to say about the world she's growing up in.

Sorry, that was dark. I'm pretty sure Robin's already done a background check on me as if he and Batman aren't omnipotent already, but I promise I won't tell anyone, not even Raquel, and especially not any supervillains, about your team.

Kal:

I am saving that just in case.

Eliza:

Come on! Don't you trust me?

Kal:

I do trust you. That was a joke.

Eliza:

Oh. Well, mine was too, kinda. Anyways. Team?

Kal:

I expect you already know Robin and Kid Flash from the news and from your brief conversation with them. The two of them and I founded the team when we rescued Superboy, a clone of Superman, from a genetics laboratory in downtown Washington DC. That laboratory turned out to be a front for a secret supervillain organization calling themselves the Injustice League.

Eliza:

The guys behind the plant attacks?

Kal:

Yes, but we apprehended them today. They should not be able to hurt anyone anymore. Miss Martian came next, the Neice of Martian Manhunter, and then Green Arrow's neice, Artemis.

Eliza:

You know, Raquel was talking about an arrow-girl sidekick popping up with Arrow in Star City.

Kal:

Yes, she is starting to build her own public hero identity, like myself and Robin and Kid Flash.

Our friend, Speedy, was also offered a place on the team, but he struck out on his own and took on the name Red Arrow. He is slightly upset that the Justice League has been barring his attempts to join them.

Eliza:

Oooooooohhhh, so that's the Roy that Rob and KF were talking about.

Kaldur:

Yes, he is upset, and believes that Artemis' gaining membership deterred Roy from joining, and often takes out his frustration on her.

Eliza:

That sounds tiring.

Kaldur:

It is.

Eliza

So what do you guys do in your free time? Do you hang out together or what?

Kaldur:

Yes, we do spend time together. We will train with Black Canary, eat a meal together, watch a movie, or just enjoy each other's company. It is often quite memorable.

Eliza:

You guys get to train with Black Canary?? That's awesome!!! I'm so jealous, I wish I could hang out with you guys.

Kaldur:

I wish that you could hang out with us as well. It would be nice to introduce you to my other friends.

Eliza:

That would be so cool. Raquel would freak.

Sorry, I have to go. It's like ten at night where I am and my mom just came barging into my room asking me what in Lord's name am I doing up so late if I want to make it to after-school auditions tomorrow.

Ugh, adults.

Kaldur:

Tell me about it.