Fourteen: FROM KALDUR TO ELIZA

Kaldur:

Eliza?

Eliza?

Eliza, I need you.

Eliza, please be there.

Eliza, please pick up.

Are you there?

Are you alright?

Oh Neptune's Beard please be alright.

I could never forgive myself if something happened to you.

Eliza:

Woah, sorry Kal! My mom made me leave my phone in the car while we went to my cousin's reception dinner.

I'm here, I'm okay.

What's wrong?

Are you okay?

Kaldur:

Yes, I am fine. It is nothing. I panicked. I am sorry.

Eliza:

There's nothing to be sorry about, but it sure didn't sound like nothing when you sent me approximately 15 texts asking if I was okay.

Kaldur:

It is nothing, Eliza, I promise you. I am alright, you are alright, the team is alright, there is nothing wrong.

Eliza:

...

Did something happen with the team today?

Kaldur:

...

Eliza:

Coming from an anxious, semi-depressed teen with an anxious mother and a father with depression, trust me Kal, you need to talk about it.

Kaldur:

The team participated in a stimulation, designed to give us practice as how to react in a worst-case scenario.

Martian Manhunter used his powers to bring us all into a psychic plane where everything looked, acted, felt, sounded, and even smelled the same. The world was invaded by aliens, and the Justice League was quickly wiped out, moving the responsibility of protecting the Earth onto the shoulders of me and my team.

Going into this...failsafe scenario, we all knew it was fake, that nothing that happened was real. But in the team's first attempt to take back the Earth, Artemis was "killed". Miss Martian's mind, distraught at Artemis's death, took over the scenario and made us all to believe that this was real. The rest of us "died" one by one after that, going into a coma in the real world.

Eliza:

Oh my gosh.

That...

That sounds absolutely terrifying, I am so sorry.