~3~

Daniel's POV

Jess looked a lot like me, except different. I almost gasped, and I could tell some of my band mates were in shock too, but they hid it and Jess didn't notice. 

When I realized my mom was here (because she always is except she works the night shifts at work at her nursing job), I couldn't pass up the opportunity to show her to Jess. Mom would think Jess looked like us too.

"Oh! There's one more person I want to introduce," I said. Jess looked confused, but nodded. She followed me outside the sliding door, and I could see the awe in her face. 

I led her (and the band, but mostly her), past the pool, and to the garden mom was building. Mom was amazing at these things. She had this great technique, that made all the plants grow, and never die (unless they were seasonal, but that was past the point). 

When I reached her, she turned, and I saw her look at Jess right away, her eyes widening. I turned to Jess who looked shocked. I felt this was a little odd, but sometimes things shock you.

"Jess, this is-" I began until she cut in.

"My mom."

Jess's POV

"Your mom? She's my mom," Daniel said.

I looked at him with curiosity, "uhmm I know who my mom is."

Mom got up and brushed off her pants. She came to hug me, "hi Jess I-" I interrupted her by putting my fingers to her lips.

 I could tell everyone around me was looking at me with glaring eyes. I mean, I just shushed 'Daniel Seavey's' mom.

"You have explaining to do," I said.

"I know, but I just need you two to understand, this was for the best."

I looked at Daniel, and Daniel looked at me. We both knew. 

"Look-" I shushed her again.

"Lets go inside."

We started walking inside, all 7 of us. Zach leaned over to me and Daniel, "what's going on?"

Me and Daniel looked at each other and I said, "I don't know," Even though I did, I didn't want to say it yet. We walked inside into the living room, and all took a seat.

 Me, Daniel, Mom, and Jonah were all sitting on the couch, mom in the middle, me next to her, Jonah next to me, and Daniel on the other side. Jack was in the chair he was in when I first walked in, and Zach was in a second chair that was on the other side of the couch. Everyone was focusing their attention on me, mom, and Daniel.

"So, how are you, me AND Daniels mom?" I asked. 

She hesitated, and turned to Daniel, "when I met your father, I was in high school. We knew we were perfect for each other, and we started dating. We were high school sweethearts. We went to the same college, and graduated with the same degree. Soon after, we married, and had you."

She buried her head in her lap. I put my hand on her shoulder, "it's ok mom, I'll still love you. Just continue."

"I'm afraid you won't."

"I will."

She continued, still facing Daniel, "You were 1 when I started taking gardening classes. I met someone there, and we hit it off right away. Your dad was so upset, he thought they would steal me, so we had," and she turned to me when she said this, "you, but he was still so mad. And he left. He left and said I could have him. I didn't of course, but I had to take care of you guys. I bought two different houses, and I had people to help me. It was so hard that I had to make up stories of why I was gone to Daniel, and then when you were old enough, to you too. It was hard to be able to make money. I didn't want you to feel like you were a mistake."

(A/N I'm sorry, I made this as short as possible so as not to bore anyone.)

"Mom, I will never feel like that. He seems like an idiot anyway."

"I guess he was."

"So this means," I stopped and looked at Daniel, "THE Daniel Seavey, who doesn't put his pants on, is my brother?!" Everyone looked shocked and amused, while Daniel buried his face in his hands from embarrassment. 

"Well, yes."

"Oh, wow. Ok, that's amazing. But mom, we will, or at least I will, always love you no matter what. You're amazing."

"Thank you sweetie, that means a lot."

"And you know who else I love," I said with a sly look. 

"Who," she said.

"MY BROTHER DANIEL SEAVEY!!!" 

Daniel laughed and we all went in for a group hug. After a while the boys joined in, and we all laughed.

"OMG I just realized what I can do!" I leaned across mom, towards Daniel and kissed him on the cheek, "you see, it's not weird cause he's my brother! There is so many things I can do! That's not really too weird anymore!" 

Everyone laughed at this, "oh and mom," I said.

"Yes?" 

"You can finally get a job!" 

She laughed.

"Well, let's get this day started!" I jumped up and everyone else did too.

I stopped, "wait... you know what else this means?!" 

"What..." everyone said in unison, a little irritated with me.

"This means that maybe... I could move in with you guys?!"

Daniel shrugged, and so did mom, "I guess if it's ok with mom, then yeah."

Mom laughed and I pumped my fist. 

"Ok, now leggo!"