~18~

(A/N just saying, you can listen to these videos while you read XD!!!)

He quickly pulled over and stopped abruptly. A good thing too, otherwise he would have run it over.

I got out of the car. 

It was limping, trying to get out of the blare of the headlights. It noticed me and whimpered. 

I slowly advanced towards it. 

I looked over at Noah and he was about to open his mouth to speak, until he noticed it.

I held my hand out to it. It looked at it, and started to back away. I tried something I learned from experience on how to get shy dogs to come to you.

I put my head down low, showing a submissive position. I held my hand out in midair. I didn't dare look up to ruin the effect.

After a few seconds I felt its nose touch the tip of my hand. I slowly stretched my hand open and stroked it. It grew stiff, but soon relaxed. 

When it fully relaxed, I looked up at it. It looked at me and didn't back away this time. Cars were zooming past us, but the noise didn't register. I was focused on the dog. 

I slowly reached my other hand out to pick it up.

It whined and struggled, but when I held it to my chest and stroked it, it calmed down. 

I walked to the car, and closed the door. Noah was already inside. As soon as I put on my seatbelt, he started driving.

I stroked the dog, and it rested its head on my chest, right over my heart. After no time, it fell asleep. 

I noticed the dog had a few marks of blood on its coat (it looked beaten), and a black muzzle with a white streak. I think it's a border collie.

After no time, I fell asleep too.

V's POV

It was midnight and I was sitting on the couch (Sadie had left because her sister had been arrested. Corbyn called the cops, Zach was angry at Jack, but told Corbyn not to tell the cops on Jack). I couldn't go to sleep.

I was staring at the wall for what seemed like the billionth minute, when a door  quietly opened. 

Jonah walked out and sat next to me. He put his hand on my shoulder and pulled me closer so my head was on his chest. I pushed him and got up, opening the sliding door at the back of the house.

I stood outside until I felt his presence and heard the sliding door close.

"I know you want to find her, but you need to sleep."

Tears were filling my eyes, and I felt a resounding rush of emotion (anger? Hatred? Annoyance?) come st me. I turned to him.

"Don't you get it?! She has been my best friend since preschool! I can't just leave her like this! I have to find her! Now..." I sunk to the ground.

"I have to find her now... I have to-I have to find-I have to find her now..." I was still mumbling when Jonah joined me on the floor.

I started crying. So much. I've never cried like this before. He grabbed me and hugged me close.

I started hitting his chest, but I was so weak that I didn't hurt him. I guess th emotion I was feeling was anger.

I started sobbing, and continues rambling.

"I have to... I-I have to find her."

"We will."

--------------------------

I know this chapter was lame but I had to do a quick update today.