~20~

Jess's POV

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping melodiously. I stretched my arms and yawned.

I sat up and looked out the window, scratching my head. I glanced at the clock, 10:30. I should probably go out.

I got ready, and headed down to the lobby. 

"Hey," I said to Amaryatte.

"Hi, what can I do for you today?" 

"Do you have a map or something of the area?" I asked. 

"Yeah, we keep ones for the new guests."

She handed me one. I thanked her and headed out.

I decided to walk... mostly because I don't have a car. 

As I walked, I studied the foliage, and the map. I took a picture of the brilliant blue Fall leaves, and the trees. It was so beautiful out here. I've never really enjoyed a place so much in my life. Even though the weather is very humid, it's nice. It's my type of place...

My type of life.

As I was thinking about this little thought bubble in the back of my mind, I noticed a familiar logo on the map. As I read the name of the place aloud, I smiled.

Starbucks...

I took a quick inhale and imagined the scent of the coffee wafting from the machines, the scent of sugar as it slowly retaliated from the bin.

I started walking in its direction.

Soon, I arrived. As I opened the door, I could smell the coffee and the sugar. I approached the counter. Oddly enough, there was no line. Not like in LA.

"Hi, what can I get you?" the lady asked me. I read her name plaque, Amenscilia, what is up with these weird names in this city? I like them.

"Can I get the Pokemon Go Frappuccino please?"

"If that's on the hidden menu, I'm gonna need to know how to make that."

"Vanilla bean base, raspberry syrup, and freeze dried berries."

My voice was monotone after visits of repeating the same thing over and over. I know there are many recipes on the hidden menu, but I feel that the workers should learn how to make them.

She asked for my name and I told her it was Jess. I handed her the cash, and took a seat at an empty table. After they called my name, I got my drink and sat down. I took at my phone and decided to upload the picture of the scenery. I knew it was risky, but so be it.

Jessass: The leaves are so beautiful, what the heck?! They've never been this pretty in LA!

Comments (197,566):

Mama.herron: It really is beautiful, where are you?

Jackaverymusic: I'm sorry Jessie. I'm going to find you, I promise you that. I'm going to find you.

Seaveydaniel: Please come home.

There were many more comments, but I just slightly skimmed over most. As I read Jack's comment I smirked. There was no way he could find-

I got interrupted by a voice, "is this seat taken?"

"No."

The figure slowly eased into the chair next to me. I looked over, and I suddenly grew stiff. I let the loose hair tucked behind my ear fall into my face. There's no way he noticed me yet. He couldn't or he would've said something, right?

I sipped my drink and continued 'reading' the comments as I waited for him to finish, but he never did.

So I decided to get up.

I stiffly stretched my legs, my face turned away from him, and started to walk away.

"Jess, I know its you."

I turned around slowly.

"Please don't tell them I'm here," I said.

"I won't. If you tell me what happened," Eben said.