~21~

I left the store with Eben. We decided to go to Jersey Mikes. When we got our orders and sat down, Eben spoke.

"So, what happened? I've seen on your Instagram the comments that Jack left. They didn't make sense to me. I thought you were still at home. Now I understand a third of the story. Tell me another third."

So I told him.

I told him everything. From when the story first began, to the point up until this very moment. I told him every little detail, every little attention to the surroundings. 

When I finished, he was staring at me with disbelief.

"I never knew Jack to be such a violent person," he said.

"Neither have I, until that happened."

Eben looked stuck, puzzled. 

"I don't know what to do. I thought this would be a normal problem easy to fix, but this doesn't isn't a normal problem." 

He looked at me.

"I not saying that was a good thing to do. That was definitely not okay, but I know Jack. He loved you, and not the  kiddy love. He loved you. And I know you may not love him the same, you may love Zach, and that's okay. But Jack loved you so much he wasn't thinking things straight. He just thought the best thing that could get you away from Zach, and he feels horrible. I actually was just talking to him yesterday and he was really sad, and he seemed very ashamed in the way he spoke. He needs you, although you may not need him. You don't have to be together, but he needs you there. Please, go home for him."

I took a deep steady breath.

"I will. One day. But I need to breathe. I need to recollect my thoughts first. And then I'll consider it."

Eben nodded, pleased.

We talked for a little while longer, until it was getting late. We said our goodbyes and I walked back to my apartment.

I smiled at Amaryatte who was still at the front desk reading her book. 

I walked into my room and collapsed on my bed, putting my hands on my face which was burning like a lead boiler that hasn't been tended to in a while. God, it was a long day. I need a break. 

I walked into the bathroom, knowing just what to do to cheer me up. I turned on the faucet in the bathtub and let it run for a while so that it would warm up. Then, I plugged up the drain, waited a while, and slowly eased myself into the warm water.

I lay my head back and sighed in relief. I could feel my tensed muscles relaxing.

I put my head underwater, except for my nose so I could breathe.

The water seeped into my ears, and clogged the noise so it was dead silent. I closed my eyes and lay there. I don't know for how long, but the silence was amazing.

 I sat there drowning in my thoughts without feeling too alone. It just felt like I was in my own universe, among the stars, as a star. 

I suddenly opened my eyes, and got up.

But I couldn't. 

I was stuck. I tried to open my eyes but someone was holding their hand over my eyes, restraining my arms and legs. 

They pushed me all the way underwater.

I wiggled and squirmed, the air escaping my lungs. My chest heaved as I tried to bring in air, but only water got through my mouth.

My head was getting light. 

I fell asleep.

-------------------------------

Ayeeee! The story is almost complete guys!!!!! Wooot!!! Thanks for bearing with me here!