~10~

Corbyn's POV

What the? The car has never done this before. It's always been good. 

I checked the fuel tank. It was full.

"Well I don't know what to do," I said honestly. 

"Let me try," Jess said, squirming out of the van. 

We all looked at her odd, I looked back at Zach who seemed to be confused, but amazed.

She opened the hood, and looked inside. She fixed something, and the car sprang to life. Just in time too, because the last member of our band, and V, came running out. They both looked a little agitated. I knew beforehand that they were going to take another car and follow us, but I decided not to say.

When Jess got in, she explained how she knew how to do mechanics. She also told us that a pipe was dislocated. She sat down next to Zach, and I felt the jealousy again.

Jess's POV

A while back, when mom was always out late, I didn't really have anything to do. So I would watch my boyfriend (ex!), Ray fix cars, and I'd talk to him too, but I'd just watch his technique. From doing that so much, I got pretty good at being able to fix cars. 

We were on our way to Six Flags when I felt my knee slide a little. It slid and touched Zach's ever so slightly. I was about to pull away, when I realized he wasn't pulling away. So I didn't.

We sat like this the whole ride.

We finally got there and we all jumped out of the van. When we went inside, we realized it was probably not the best day to come, because it was the most crowded day I've ever seen in the history of crowded days here. So, we decided to get a Platinum Flash Pass for all of us.

When we were at the front of the line to get the passes, we heard a shout from behind.

"Hey!"

Uh oh.

I turned around.

"You left us!" V said. She said this  while first looking at me, but then shifted her gaze to Jonah who looked down at his feet. I could see though, that he was trying to stifle a smile.

"Well, that's whatcha get for sleeping in," I said.

"Whatever." 

We got our passes, and left the building. We split up, me an Zach, V and Jonah; and Jack, Corbyn, and Daniel (heh, the leftovers). Me and Zach decided to go to Drop Of Doom.

I pulled his arm as he reluctantly went in. I could tell he was a little frightened, but was trying to hide it.

"Are you sure you want to do this? We don't have to if you don't want to," I said.

(A/N I had to put six flags in here, it's amazing)

He nodded, "I mean, if you don't try anything new, you won't know if you like it, right?"

I smiled and agreed. While we were in line we started talking. We talked about really random things that I don't feel is important. Soon enough, we were at the front of the line.

"Get ready," I said as we went and sat on the seats. 

"I'm ready as I'll ever be," he said chuckling nervously. 

Everyone got on, and we were securely comfortable. We waited until the ride started. When it did start going up, Zach grabbed my hand. I could tell it was an impulse, because he was about to pull it away, but I squeezed it and he kept it there.

"Oh. My god," he said, as we slowly crept to the tippy top of the 400 foot dropping point.

I laughed, "do you regret it now?"

"Eh, it's not THAT cool," he said. I looked at him as much as the headrest would allow, and smirked. He looked at me and did one of his weird faces where his nostrils flare immensely. I started cracking up.

We stopped. Not us, the whole ride.

"What's happening?" he asked.

"We're probably at the top," I said matter-of-factly.

"Oh, that explains it- OH MY GOD," he said as we suddenly lurched down.

He squeezed my hand so tight, it felt like my hand was suffocating. I glanced at him, his eyes were closed and his face was all tight. 

I felt my stomach lurch, and my mind stop. Not just because of the ride. I had butterflies, and let me tell you, there was one big swarm.

When we finally stopped and our headrest went up, Zach looked at me, beaming.

"Whatcha think?"

He looked at me with a bewildered expression, "that was... one hell of a ride."