~19~

Jack's POV

I fucked up. 

Jess is gone, and I don't know what to do. I can't believe I could ever do something like this. And for what? For all of my friendships to come down, crushing me and suffocating me?

No.

That's why I'm going to find her. But this time, I'm going to bring her home for Zach. 

Jess's POV

I woke with a start to find myself in a car. 

Oh no, I've been kidnapped! 

Oh... wait...

The dog was still as it slept on my lap. 

Last night... right.

Where are we?" I asked. 

"Baton Rouge, Louisiana," Noah said. 

"Wait... what happened to Phoenix?" 

"Oh. You were asleep, and I didn't want to wake you by the time we got to Phoenix. You also said to drive as far away as possible, so I did."

Wow. All this... for me.

"Thanks."

He turned off the freeway and we started driving down a quiet asphalt road. I'm not a professional astronomer, but  by the position of the sun, I guessed it was about 7 A.M.

I rested my head against the cool glass of the window pane. I closed my eyes, but only for a millisecond. 

I darted my eyes towards the building I had seen before I closed them. 

"STOP!" I shouted to Noah. 

He slammed on the brakes, and swerved into the parking lot. I looked at the building I had noticed before. 

It was a beautiful white modern apartment complex with green vines growing up the side of it. It has small intricate swirly designs, painted in gold. The building looked old, yet new. Delicate, yet artistic.

I just knew. This is where I was going to make my home. 

As Noah went to find parking (the parking lot was relatively small, and the guest parking out front was full as far as I could see), I had gotten out at the front of the building and was now walking through the sliding doors at the front.

The front of the building read Amaryatte Apartment Compex.

Hmmm, interesting name. I like it. 

I walk to the front desk where a woman is standing, reading a book. She doesn't seem to notice I arrived.

"'I'll Give You The Sun,' that's my favorite book," I said aloud. 

The woman looked up startled, but her face softened as she noticed I was smiling at her. 

"Yeah... it's a pretty good book," she said. She suddenly seemed to jump into reality, "oh, um, my name is Amaryatte, how can I assist you today."

I had many questions, but I'd just have to wait. 

"I would like to rent an apartment," I told her. 

"Sure thing, you just need to fill out this paperwork," Amaryatte said, handing me a few pages of paper to fill out. I nodded at her and took them.

As I was filling out the paper I asked her my first question, "so... what does the name Amaryatte mean?" I asked her. 

"Oh," she chuckled, "it doesn't have a meaning I don't think. When my mom was having me, there was this nice nurse, and she helped my mom through all of the ups and downs of my moms pregnancy. Her name was Amaryatte. My mom took the name because she loved it so much, and because of how the nurse was amazing to her. When she asked about the name, the nurse told her it was a name her parents had made up for her."

"Wow that's cool," I said.

"Yeah," she said, "after my mom died, my dad wanted a bit of her back, so he decided to create this apartment complex, and name it Amaryatte, so that whenever someone sees the sign passing by, or comes to visit someone else, or owns an apartment, they'll always see the name Amaryatte."

"Wow again," I said, handing her the newly filled out paper. 

She went behind the desk and gave me the key. 

"Your rooms on the third floor, two doors down to the right," she said. 

"Okay thanks," I said. 

The phone rang, and Amaryatte went to go get it.  I decided our conversation was over, so I went to my room. 

Then I remembered that Noah was still here. I texted him.

Jessass: Hey, I have a room, but I sorta wanna be alone right now. Is that okay? I'm sorry

N_O_A_H: Yeah, that's fine

Jessass: Thanks so much

N_O_A_H: np

I collapsed on the bed, and fell asleep. Again.

Noah's POV

N_O_A_H: I found the one.

Identity Hidden: Good. Remember, slow.

N_O_A_H: I know.

---------------------------

Finally I've updated! Sorry. I had a math test today, and I forgot my homework, so what better way then to end the day with writing a chapter! Also, I'm gonna start another story too. Not a fan fiction, but a fictional story.