2

Safe and Sound - Taylor Swift ft. Civil Wars

ISABELLA

A cool breeze fluttered through the bay window that I had found myself sitting at many times. It was wide open allowing the sounds of Brooklyn sing throughout the room. There was something soothing about the cars honking and the chatter of people around mixed with the heavy muskiness of cigarette smoke that lingered inside the living room.

I sat against the pillow that laid against the wall. My legs curled up against me. The long sleeves of the oversized sweater that I am wearing keep my fingers from growing cold. As I sat on the bench, I watch the people roam the streets below. Everyone seemed to be so sure of their lives. They had places to go, people to see. They seemed confident in who they were. It didn't seem to matter to them their social status or if they had money or not. What mattered to them was life. One of the most beautiful things about Brooklyn was how carefree everyone seemed to be. Regardless of where they stood in their lives, they carried on with their days. I admired it. I longed for that.

Suddenly, two strong arms wrap around my body and pull me close. My senses are heightened by the strong scent of tobacco and pine. I lean back as lips begin to attack my neck. A moan escapes my lips as his hands slip underneath his sweater. "Just my sweater? Baby, you know what that does to me." He whispers into my ear. I turn around and am met with a pair of lustful eyes.

"Underwear is so unnecessary." I say against his lips. Ty lets out a low growl. His lips crash against my own. It becomes a battle of lips and tongue. He bites down on my lip and a loud moan escapes my lips.

I wrap my legs around his naked torso as he lifts me up without hesitation. He continues to kiss me fervently as he leads us back to his mattress. Ty trips on my jeans that are strewn across the bedroom floor. "Shit!" Ty falls back and I land on top of him. A giggle leaves my mouth.

-

Ty Bach - boyfriend? No. Fuck buddy? Yes. Did anyone know about our relationship? No and that was something that I was going to keep. We had met at school our freshmen year. He came from the same life as me. The life of high class society and country clubs. We bonded over our hatred for our parents taste in lifestyle and the desire to run away from it all. He was my Christopher Hayden and I was his Lorelai Gilmore.

When we first met, I was still hooked into the idea of pleasing my parents and living a "good girl" life. Even though deep down, I desired to be something different. After a party, we found ourselves in the back closet of some rich kids parents house and he showed me a new world. Granted two double vodka shots had given me the extra boost that I needed. But he was gorgeous and he got me. He got my family and my life. It was safe to say that I didn't care what happened between us as long as I was able to escape from where I came from.

I lost my virginity to him. Sleeping with him felt like I was giving my parents the middle finger to all of their morals and rules for me. I felt liberated in myself. I felt free. However, I never physically showed any signs of my rebellious lifestyle. I began to change from being Lorelai and into Lane Kim. The back of my closet was where my leather jackets and cigarettes hid. It was the knowledge that I was doing something that my parents did not approve of in which I felt truly badass.

Yet, regardless of the freedom that Ty had shown me and in a sense gave me, I still felt trapped. I still feel like I am living a lie. My little hideaway to Brooklyn was no longer enough for me. Ty was no longer enough for me.

-

His lips continue to work down my neck. His plump lips begin to suck on the sensitive skin underneath my ear. His teeth bite down causing a hiss to leave my mouth. "Fuck," I moan as his fingers slip underneath his sweater and make it's way to my heat.