35

All Of The Stars - Ed Sheeran 

HARRY

Her blonde hair gets caught in the wind. It blows against her beautiful, freckled face. Her blue eyes glistening as we lay across the green grass. Her eyes dance with the innocence of our youth and the late summer nights. I pick another daisy and add it to the growing collection of flowers in her hair.

"Do I look pretty?" She asks me. Childish laughter emitting from her thin pink painted lips.

"Of course," I answer her. She smiles up at me. Her small hands wrapping around my neck, pulling me closer to her lips. The moment her soft lips touch mine, I am brought to a state of complete euphoria.

"I love you, Haz." She whispers against my lips.

"I love you too, baby." Her smile widens and grows into a sheepish grin. I am pulled down forcefully and unexpectedly, causing me to lose balance and fall on top of her.

"Umph," her voice muffled by my body. "Get off of me you big lug," she manages to say.

I start to laugh, rolling over and laying flat against the grass. I pull her from the ground and bring her close to me. Her body moulding against my own. This was everything that I needed. A dream I'd always dream about; the distant memory of a long lost love.

"Oh Haz," she whispers against my t-shirt. "Don't ever leave me."

"As long as you don't leave me."

"I won't." She whispers against my chest. Her eyes hidden behind her lashes, her eyes not meeting mine. Her rose scented perfume swept over me. The world around us becoming increasingly silent, the only thing being heard is her steady heartbeat playing in tune with my own. 

My body jumps awake, a cold sweat sticking to my skin. An ice cold breeze hits my cheek causing my body to jerk in a shiver. "What the fuck," I exhale a long breath. It had been a year since I've last dreamt about her; years since I've dreamt about that night. My heart continues to beat erratically inside my chest. Groaning, I slip out of bed. A cold glass of water seemed like the best thing for my dry, scratchy throat. 

I take a glance at the oven clock. It was only three in the morning, still too early to wake up. The water feels refreshing as it slips down my throat. The liquid cooling down the anxiety that has seemingly shaken me up. God, I thought that I had moved passed this. The nightmares, the cold shakes. The memories. All of this had been in the past. Ever since I moved out of Manchester, the meeting ground of my demons, all of it's hauntings had ceased. Yet here I am, awake at three in god-damn morning in desperate need of a dry shirt and an Advil. 

Fuck. 

With another deep breath, I walk back into my small bedroom. I glance over at the mattress that sat beside the wall, the blankets a crumbled mess. My desire to lay back down and go to sleep was low. I feared to close my eyes and fall back into another nightmare. Another memory of her and the last time I saw her. "Shit," I groan. My hands running threw my curls. 

Morning time comes much to quickly. I had managed to fall back to sleep only an hour ago. The annoying buzzing sound of my alarm clock grows increasingly more irritating the longer I let it ring. With another loud slur of profane words, I roll out of bed and get dress for work. This was going to be a fucking long day. 

If my night hadn't been shitty, my day had grown increasingly more shitty. 

"Really, Harry, Brad and I are so thankful that you can take little Bosco here. He won't be much of a pain. As long as you take him for a walk in the morning and another at night and have food laid out for him, you won't even realize he's around."