39

My Girl - The Temptations 

ISABELLA 

The rain poured down against the windowsill. It's pit-pattering melody becoming therapeutic. Taking a long sip of hot chocolate, I pull Harry's grey knit sweater closer to my body. The fabric tickles my skin. It smells like him: a mixture of cologne, cigarettes, and laundry detergent. I look down at Harry's socks and pull the fabric up and closer to my knees. A loose thread catches my attention. Careful to not spill my drink, I pull on the thread, snapping it away from the sock. 

"This is a sight I'd never grow tired of." I look over and see Harry. He's wearing a burgundy henley and a pair of gym shorts. He's rolled up the sleeves, showcasing his tattooed forearms. His steps are slow, his eyes not once leaving me. "You in my sweater and fucking knee socks. It's like you want me to fuck you." 

I bite my lips, holding in the squeal that wants to escape. "They're your socks, dummy." He takes a seat on the couch beside me, but pulls me up and onto his lap. I snuggle in closer to him, my back half pressed to his chest and half pressed to the arm of the chair. The sound of my quicken heartbeat drowns out the rain. His left hand sneaks under my sweater. His long fingers hold onto my hip, his thumb rubbing circles onto the skin. His right hand grabs a hold of my mug, taking a long sip from it's contents. 

"Excuse me, that was my drink!" 

He licks his lips slowly. The move seemingly playful but more so exuding in sensuality. His lips spread into a playful grin. He leans towards my face, his lips making contact with mine. The kiss is quick and sweet. He bites down on my lip before releasing it. "Yes, but I provided the chocolate. Which means this is my drink." He winks at me before taking another sip. 

I smack his arm, a giant smile on my lips, and take my mug back. I wipe his spit from the rim, muttering "gross, cooties", before taking a sip. Harry laughs at me. His grin growing and dimples showing. 

We settle down. Our laughter drifting into the Sunday afternoon sky. I place my now empty coffee mug down on top of the small coffee table. Harry takes this as his opportunity to wrap his arms fully around me. He brings me closer to his chest, his face snuggling into the crook of my neck. He lets out a long content sigh. 

"You smell nice," he says into my hair, earning a giggle from myself. 

"I could say the same thing about you." 

We stay like this for the next few hours. Harry's arms not once leaving my body. His hold on me strong, not at all wavering. 

I can feel his hand rub unknown patterns against my bare thigh. One of my hands is interlocked with his free hand. My other plays with his unruly hair. A record plays in the background. Harry's imperfect voice singing along under his breath. Harry's voice may not be perfect, but he was still capable of hitting the notes. I actually enjoyed the raspy undertones of his voice. It wasn't perfect but it was still my favourite sound.

-

"Damn it, do we have to go to this party?" Harry groans. 

We are in my bedroom. He sits on my bed, his long limbs dangling off the edge. I stand in my closet in nothing but my panties and black lace bra, stifling through the different articles of clothing that I own. 

"Yes, we do. We're already here." I laugh from inside the closet. 

"That's because you live here." 

I roll my eyes, even though I know he can't see me. I settle on a pair of leather leggings and an oversized white chiffon blouse. As I walk out the closet, I finish buttoning up my shirt, leaving the first few buttons unbuttoned.