47

Lovesong - Adele

HARRY

Her deep brown eyes stare at me. Her brow is furrowed in deep concentration. Her lips pursed together tightly. "You're not going to win, Styles. You might as well give up now." She says to me with conviction. Too much conviction. As if she thought she was going to win this.  "I can't wait to see you cry. You look like a cryer," she continues to taunt me. 

I shake my head, my eyes widening even more. "No way in hell, Maxwell." 

A breeze passes by us causing my eyes to grow even more dry. I bite my lip; there was no way I was going to let her win. No way in hell. Seconds go by slowly and my eyes begin to water. "Damn it," I mutter to myself. I knew I was going to lose. I could feel it. However, as if the gods above were on my side, she blinks. 

"Damn it!" Izzy shrieks, her hands rubbing over her tired eyes. "I was so close! So damn close." She groans into her pillow. Her messy hair sprawled out across her bare back. I laugh loudly, my head thrown back in amusement. 

"Better luck next time, baby." I wrap my arms around her. Her naked skin touches mine. I leave a few wet kisses along her shoulder. It's clear that she is holding back her giggles. Her body shakes slightly underneath me. I can't help but laugh even more. Isabella begins to shake her head, her body twisting in my firm hold. 

"You cheated," she whines. Her lips morph into a pout and I do everything in my power to not fuck her here and now. She was so damn beautiful. And, I loved her. God, I couldn't believe it. I was in love. When the hell did I become this person; this guy that falls in love and has staring contests in bed. I was becoming more and more of a wuss with each passing day. 

"Nah," I bite her lip. Her breath catches in her throat, a sure sign of my effects on her. "I guess that means I win. I'd like to collect my prize."

"And what exactly is your prize?" 

My hands wrap around her waist, pulling her closer to me. Her legs instinctively wrap around me. With her body so close to me, I can feel the heat rush to my core. My boxers suddenly growing increasingly tighter. Her skin is hot under my lips as I leave kisses down her neck and across her chest. "Stay in bed with me all day," I whisper into her ear, biting down on her lobe.  

She sighs. Her body relaxes against mine, "That sounds amazing. But, I have to work." 

"Call in sick." 

"I can't do that."

"C'mon baby. For me," I bite her collarbone lightly, earning a soft moan. 

"I can't-"

"Yes you can." 

Isabella looks at me. I can see in her eyes her contemplation. Not once have I seen her skip a day of work. The bookstore was a joke. They barely received customers and when they did it was maybe one to five every hour. Plus, Robert, her boss, was one of the most laid back (and quite frankly, most aloof) bosses around. He wouldn't ask her twice about it. He'd probably even go as far as to send her a bowl of soup and a card wishing her to "heal quick" and "get better". 

A few minutes pass. She looks around the room, debating still whether or not she should call in. "I did win," I mumble into her skin. 

Isabella lets out a long sigh, "Fine." She rolls over, her head falling back into her pillows. 

"That's my girl." I crawl up her, leaving kisses on every inch of her skin. "Now, for the second part of my prize." 

"A second part? Now you're just getting greedy," she laughs.