Mr grumpy pants

................................................................

Salmah stood frozen a few feets from the car, not sure of her next move. How can her friend do this to her after she told her what Ammar did to her the other day and still, she sent him to pick her up without the decency of even warning her. Just then her phone chimed alerting her of a new message, it was from Amal.

'Sorry, forgot to tell you Yaaya Basheer travelled with daddy earlier this morning,Yaaya Ammar is picking you up, Love yah.

ps: don't kill each other.

She is so going to get a mouthful from me she muttered to herself while preceding to open the back door of the sleek black c class Benz, she couldn't help but swoon over the car even in her soured mood.

" What do you think you are doing?"
Ammar asked, without looking up from his phone. His voice oozing with authority.

She couldn't help the scowl that came up on her face."What does it look like I am doing? "she muttered annoyingly under her breath.
"Getting into the car as you can see," she said in "duh" voice.

"If you don't come back to the front seat am not moving an inch from here, I am not your driver,"

"You are  lucky I am even driving you in my car, uncultured woman."he said under he his breath more like talking to himself. He have no Idea why this particular girl always gets under his skin without doing anything, he seems to lose his temper when ever she is around.

Salmah has no choice but to get out from the back and transfer to the front seat ,so they can make the appointment on time if not, she would have shown him her level of stubbornness. She doesn't easily get upset or angry but the situation seems to be different whenever she is around him. She can't understand why she can't stand being close to Ammar without her anger flaring. maybe, his arrogance suffocates her. She huffed and shifted in her seat
They drove in silence to their destination with only the voice of sheikh sudais reciting suratul yasin, Ammar occasionally glancing at her without her knowledge. She was engrossed in a novel on wattpad to ease the tension in the car.

They were able to arrive on time. The event manager gave them the breakdown of everything and showed them photos from her portfolio and they were able to come up with a theme from what the bride described to her. They were really impressed by her work and her professionalism. When they were about to leave, the event manager jokingly added that she wouldn't mind working on their wedding too because they make such a cute couple. Ammar almost choked at her words he was fuming all the way to the car. How can she compare him to this girl , Salmah was also annoyed with the comment but didn't say a word.

On their way back Ammar's friend called him and asked him to meet him at their usual joint. He turned the car without excusing himself and there was nothing Salmah could do but simmer in anger. Cursing her friend for putting her in that predicament while Ammar seem to enjoy her misfortune he smiled triumphantly.

Ammar packed the car when  they arrived and his friend came over to them when he spotted the car coming into the joint.
"How far, my man" his friend said, giving his hand for a handshake.

"Everything is fine, when did you come back ?"He inquired returning the handshake.

"Few hours ago, wow" he said his eyes resting on the beauty seated in the front seat.

"Ammar, you didn't tell me you had another sister,"he said looking intrigued

"Good evening," Salmah manage to say with a smile not wanting to be rude by not greeting the stranger.

"Good evening, yanmata ,"he answered giving her more attention. Meanwhile Ammar boiled and fumed with anger because of the attention his friend was giving Salmah.

"I will meet you later he said getting back into the car,"

"Ammar, you didn't answer me and you are leaving suddenly," The friend said confused.

"I remember I had somewhere to be ," he said switching on his car without a proper good bye.

"I will call you later" he said while trying so hard not to run over his friend.

Salmah amused by the sudden change in his mood but wasn't really surprised. It's good to know he is grumpy with everybody not just me she mused to herself.

He dropped her at home without as much as a good bye and drove off. "Good riddance"she thought and skipped into the house.

----------------------------------------------
Jealousy or something else??
Keep reading and you will find out.