Dilema

She sat on the dining table twirling the food in her plate, lost in her own world. Her baby sister playing with her dolls a few feet away, while imam sat watching an action movie. It has been 2weeks now, after the unexpected bombshell was dropped on her. Basheer is trying as much as possible not to pressure her into anything, he is really patient and understanding towards her. He always text her twice a day with sweet and loving words that soothe the heart and call once in a while to know how she's doing and express his feelings some more.

She likes the attention she gets from him even though her heart belongs to his brother who is oblivious to the love she have for him. When ever she remembers Ammar doesn't see her that way, her heart thumps in her chest and an aching feeling pass through. A feeling of dread washs over her, she still remember what her friend told her the other day.

They were seated behind their lecture theater in school when she confided in Fareeda about her predicament.

"Wow, you are really in a horrible situation now, no wonder you look so tensed"

"horrible is a simple way to put it, you don't know how I am feeling right now. I don't even know where to start or what to do, on the other hand I love Ammar and the other his brother is in love with me. Ammar doesn't even know I like him, Urghh !"She groaned in frustration. Her friend smiled at her sympathetically.

'I know, how you are feeling but all hope is not lost, maybe Ammar likes you too. You should pray hard and try to make small conversations with him, I know you can't go to him and tell him about your feelings for him.'

'Of course, you know I can't do that ' she interrupted.

'I know, am just saying but if you look at how Basheer loves you, he text you everyday and calls you. That shows how much he love you and cares for you where as Ammar doesn't give a damn about you , I think you should sit and think this thorough. Marrying someone who really loves you like Basheer will be good for you because you will be pampered and taken care of. Just think about it and be prayerful .'

'I don't want you to lose someone who truly loves you to chase someone who you aren't sure of please think about it '

' thank you very much I know I can always count on you to be there when I need you and this talk is really what I needed'.

'No, problem I still know you came to me because your besty is their sister and you can't afford to involve her in this.' She said teasingly.

'Of course, that's very true .' She answered smiling.

For days she has been pondering over that talk they had and Basheer have been nothing but sweet to her, while Ammar is still treating her as his sister's friend. She have been chatting him up on whatsapp and even called him the other day to personally thank him for taking care of her at the hospital, he just dismissed her with a thanks and said he was busy and ended the phone call. She felt very heartbroken at that time and berated her self for calling him, just like a savior Basheer called with his usual chirpy self making her laugh away her sorrows.

She felt a thug on her cloths which brought her back to reality. Her sister was looking at her expecting her to say something.

"What?"She asked
"Adda, your phone has been ringing for a while now" She said pointing to the phone beside her. She was so engrossed in thought that she didn't hear the phone ringing.

"Besty, I am back!" She screeched into the phone excitedly.

"Oh my god! Oh my god! For real?" She jumped up shouting into the phone.

"Yup"She answered with the "p"popping.

"Yeeeeeey! You don't know how much I miss you Mrs. Ahmad. I know you will be glowing with all the pampering you received from Ahmad"

"I just can't wait to see you tell you all about it babe"

"When did you arrive?"

"Last night, today I came straight home to see ummah and Abba you know I really missed them. I am going to stay for two days, please come over"

"Okey, okey I will be there in 30"

"Yey , see you then,Laters" Dropping the call she headed into her to grab her veil and bag, there was no need for her to change her clothing because she looks chick in her atampa green and yellow that brings out her color and complement her body, she powdered her face and put on a nude lipstick then she headed out. She popped in the kitchen where her mother was making dinner and told her where she was going to.

She opened the door of the big black iron gate eager to see her friend. She stepped into the compound and headed to the house and there he was standing by the parking lot, phone to his ears. He looked up and their eyes locked together everything seems to stop she couldn't breath, she couldn't think , she only focused on his eyes that seems to draw her in. Lost in each other's gaze , oblivious to the world around them for just a few seconds though she felt like it was hours. He broke the gaze and turned his back to her completely ignoring her and continue talking on the phone. She brought herself out of the dreamy world and force her legs which seems to turn into jelly to take her into the house. Didn't he see her? Didn't he feel the connection? How could he ignore her as if she wasn't there?.