The decision

Hello my dearest readers, here is another update for you guys, will try to update tomorrow in shaa Allah. Love you loads.

"Move aside let me seat down, do you want to break my fragile bones " Hajiya said trying to shove Amal away playfully.

"Aww my sweet grandma,I just miss you" she said pouting like a small girl.

"Silly girl, I will see when you will finally grow up"

"She will, when she have to take care of her own children " Amal's mum said sitting beside grandma.

"Hmmn Amal  and baby I can't wait to see that day"Hajiya said patting Amal who is still clinging to her.

"I wish i will  get to see Ammar's child soon too, even though I don't see him talking about marriage at all" said ummah.

" you know something, the last time he came to visit me with Salmah I just thought maybe Salmah can still be a daughter in law to this family if she marry Ammar" Hajiya suggested.

"Hajiya, you said this as if you read my mind because I thought of the same thing when i saw them together, Salmah is a wonderful girl every family would be lucky to have her as a daughter in law, I see her just like Amal. She is already a part of this family and if she marries into the family it will be official "

"Hajiya and ummah this is a brilliant idea, because between Yaaya and Salmah I think I noticed something, even though Salmah denies it "

"If your dad comes back later I will talk to him about it and hear what he thinks" ummah said. And with that they moved on to talking about things Salmah needed to buy in preparation for welcoming her baby and things she should eat or avoid eating.

Later that night when Ammar's dad came home after his night rituals before going to bed, ummah met him in his study and informed him on what they agreed upon. He also welcomed the idea and he immediately decided to visit  Salmah's dad the next day to talk about it, after all there are almost family.

The next day, Ammar's dad requested to see Salmah's father and they met up after asr prayer, After he told him about what brought him. He didn't agree instantly but was happy about the proposal because Ammar just like his younger brother is a good person and also successful but he requested for time to talk to his daughter and wife about it because he feels like this time around she should be involved in what was going on, even though he felt like accepting the proposal but still he wanted to give her a choice seeing the trauma she went through after the death of Basheer. Ammar's dad left on the note that whatever was decided he will give him a call.

That night when Salmah's dad came home his family were all seated in the sitting room watching a series on zeeworld but Salmah wasn't with them. He went straight to his section to freshen up and eat then he came back and requested for Salmah to come and meet him in the sitting room.

She came out and met him sitting on one of the sofas, the three sitter facing the big flatscreen tv which was showing news from channels tv and beside him is her mom seated dressed in her usual nightgown with wrapper tied to her chest. When she came in they both looked up at her, the look on their faces told her that they were about to discuss something serious. This filled her with a feeling of dread but she dragged her feet to the center of the room, she found a place on the plush carpet beside her mom and sat down.

"Abba, good evening " she greeted her dad.

"Salmahn Abba, how are you ? When I came back I didn't see you, you are locked up in your room as always koh?"

"No Abbah, I was just going over some clothes I am giving out for charity"

"Oh, that's good." He said and then paused looking at Ammi who didn't say a word since Salmah came in.

" the reason I called you here  is to tell you about something but please I want you to calmly think of it, okey?" He said looking at her, when she nodded he continued, "Amal's dad came to see me earlier on and he brought a suggestion even though I could give him my answer right away, I chose not to considering the decision will affect your life. I want to ask you first, if you agree it's ok and if you don't it's still ok, do you understand?" He asked looking at her. She nodded again and he continued," he came with a proposal," hearing the word proposal both Salmah and her mum looked at him eyes out.

"Yes, proposal he wants Salmah to get Married to Basheer's brother Ammar and I want to give you a choice if you accept I will be happy because he is a good person and you will marry into a very respectable and kind family, I could never ask more for you"

"This is a surprise for me too, but considering how they still want you to be their daughter in law means they really like you and I am very happy about this proposal, we will support your decision if you don't want to marry him , my daughter " Ammi said looking sympathetically at her daughter but still expecting her to say yes.

This is a moment she has always dreamt of, a day where Ammar will come and ask for her hand in marriage with so much love but that is not the case the marriage proposal came from his family not him she know all to well that Ammar doesn't love her he merely tolerates her out of sympathy. How she wish this marriage proposal was from him because he loved her but obviously she will never be able to get that from him. She looked up at her parents who are looking at her expectantly even though they told her to give her opinion but she's sure what they truly want is for her to accept and she wouldn't disappoint them being with the person she love even though he doesn't love her back is a small price to pay just to see her parents happy.

"Abba anything you do is acceptable to me you shouldn't have asked me because your decision to me will always be the best, I will marry him"

"Thank you my daughter, may you have the very best marriage and may Allah bless you with children that will love you like you do us" her father said with a voice thick with emotion.

Her mother stood up and hugged her with tears in her eyes" thank you Salmah for making us happy, may Allah fulfill all your desires " her mother prayed.

After everything was settled Salmah reminded her father about her service, she was leaving in 3 days, she's been posted to Zamfara state. He prayed for her and promised to check on his friend who works at the nysc head office to relocate her back home after the 3 week camping . With that Salmah stood up and said her goodnight leaving the old lovers to enjoy each other's company.

.............................................................

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Mssdewu❤️