Surprise

*The wedding anniversary (1)*

"Surprise!" They shouted in unison, all the guests were standing outside the house waiting for Amal's parents to arrive. They all came out to welcome them on hearing their car horn signaling for the gateman to open the gate, Amal dragged them out to welcome her parents.

When they drove into the house upon seeing a lot of people they both panicked and almost jumped out of the car before the car even stopped, fearing something was wrong but to their utmost surprise everyone shouted surprise and started congratulating them.

"Ummana and Abbana happy anniversary " Amal ran to hug them.

"I know you must be behind this pleasant surprise " her mother said shading happy tears.

"Don't, ummah today is your day. We all plan this to make you both happy and I hope you are" she said trying to cheer her up even though the tears are of pure happiness.

"Extremely happy my dear ," her father said hugging her .

They all made their way into the house to start the celebration, their parents were so happy and surprised to see how they were able to pull off the walima without them knowing. A lot of their family and friends were in attendance even uncle Naseer and his wife were able to beat them to their house after they have been stalling them at their house to prevent them from ruining the surprise.

Salmah stood at the far end of the room talking to a few of Amal's cousin though her mind is far from their small talk. She had been trying to politely avoid Basheer since she came he have been trying to have a long conversation with her but she was always saved by guests seeking small talks, as soon as he corners her some one will approach them and starts a conversation with Basheer and he can't Refuse since he is co-hosting the walima. She haven't seen him since she came, where can he be? she thought.

"Babes, have you eaten anything yet?" Amal asked her bring her out of her thoughts.

"No, not yet," she managed to say.

"Help yourself to anything, please. I am so sorry I haven't stayed to chat with you, I have to oversee some things and welcome the guests arriving now"

"Don't worry I understand" she said trying to convince her not to feel bad.

"Okey good, let me go and welcome my in laws they just arrived" she sped away without waiting for Salmah to reply.

She stood alone in a corner clearly bored, pressing her phone maybe playing a game or something. She look so beautiful in all white, when he first saw her his breath hitched, she looked so beautiful and peaceful his heartbeat accelerated. He managed to compose himself and step into the room.

"Engr. Ammar I haven't seen you in a while, how are you?" Doctor Munnir a very good friend of his dad asked, shaking his hands.

"I travel a lot these days overseeing a project but Alhamdulillah I am done now," he answered smiling.

"Masha'Allah" he replied. Ammar politely excused himself and made his way through to his parents stopping along the way to greet some relative or a family friend.

"Happy anniversary umma" he said hugging her.

"Ammaru, where were you since? I didn't see you around, you left Basheer and your sister to entertain our guests." She said trying to scold him.

"I am sorry ummanah, I was on trying to finish a report and send it to my boss . I am so sorry " he said holding his hands to his ears just like a small boy seeking for forgiveness.

With Ammar has always been about his work she thought shaking her head.
"It's okey, you are here now," she said smiling. Pulling him towards her friends so he could greet them and it could serve as a punishment for him because she knows how he hates the way they treat him like a small boy.

From where she's standing, she saw him making his way to his parents. He looked so handsome in his native attire, he wore a soft light blue material with dark blue cap and his dark blue watch was visible too. He looked like every northern girls dream, he oozes class, power and authority, she couldn't help but stare at him dreamily. She saw how he talked to his mom with so much love and playfulness unlike the arrogant Ammar she's use to seeing.

He was surrounded by his mother's friends, from the looks of it he feels uncomfortable around them and then he looked up and their eyes met for a brief moment, her heart almost stopped and managed to looked away, avoiding his eyes.

Suddenly, Basheer called the attention of everyone in the room and asked his parents to come out and cut the huge cake in the center of the room. They were both far from each other so they tried to get to the cake each on his own, Just before their mother could reach the cake she tripped and almost fell, their father without hesitation caught but she had already tripped her leg. He held her closely and asked everyone to make room for him to seat her down while their children rushed over all worried.

She kept saying she was alright but he insisted in helping her to seat, bending on one knee before starting to massage her leg.

"Basheer, go and get me a balm to apply on your mothers ankle" he ordered to Basheer who was hovering above them with his siblings concern etched on their faces. He sprinted out of the room to get the balm. He ran back with a tube of balm and passed it to his father who massaged it gently on the ankle even though ummah protested that she was okey the pain is just a mild one but he applied the balm without nevertheless.

Salmah stood a few feet from were Ammar and his parents were, she saw all that transpired. The way Ammar's dad was so gentle with their mum and how he was so concerned over the small accident,shows how deeply he loved her and wasn't shy to show it to the world, despite all the people around he held his wife protectively and kisses her forehead every now and then. They look so cute together and their bond is very strong.

Her heart ache for this kind of affection and love, she wish someday she will get someone who will love her just like that even in old age.

After a while Ammar's dad held ummah up after she insisted they cut their cake, he held her very close to him and supported her to the center of the room. The way they cling to each other you could swear they were newly married couples. They cut the cake and fed each other and even fed their children.

The sight of their wonderful family touched a lot of people's heart wishing that kind of strong bond for themselves.

Salmah felt very emotional after seeing them, maybe the thought of never finding a love like that made her emotional. She made her way outside to the garden with cool breeze blowing in the darkness of the night. The garden was adorned with bright lights making everything thing visible like daylight.

After standing there for a while she felt like someone was watching her, she turned and there he stood behind her with hands deep in his pocket, looking at her with his eyes that seems to look beyond her soul.

Ammar!!!

*************************************
Phew! Another update even though I didn't see your votes(not happy) make me happy by voting if you like the chapter I might update faster.