A new life

Hello my amazing readers, it took me forever to update but I did. We are almost at the end of this journey, it makes me sad to part with my amazing characters but all good things they say must come to an end sadly.
Happy new year to all of you and I wish you the very best of 2018

*********************************

She sat on the bed, uncertain of the life she will face in her new home. How would they lead their lives? Will Ammar ever learn to love her? What ever the circumstance, the only thing she is certain of is she love him with all her heart and will give this marriage her all. With that thought she stood up and went round the house  to get acquainted with her new environment, she silently said a prayer to her parents for the little paradise they decorated for her. She went back into her room and waited for Ammar to show up.

He stood outside looking at his house, his refuge when ever he wants to escape people, to gather his thoughts and now it doesn't belong to him alone. The love of his life is sharing it with him, if only she wasn't forced to marry him, if only she loves him like he loves her. He made his way into the house making sure he locked up, in his hand is his "babban Riga"(robe) while his other hand a package of chops which his sister begged him to come over and collect. In her own words, she said as the sister of the bride and groom she have held it against herself to provide them with delicacies to enjoy on their first night. He stood in the middle of the sitting room looking at how his once bachelor pad had been transformed into an actual home, he looked over to the corridor leading to Salmah's room. Should he enter or just go into his own room and sleep because he doesn't know what will be the outcome of going in there but he will really love to see her face , remembering the items Amal gave him. He smiled that would be a perfect excuse to go in to her room and with that he headed into her bedroom offering Salam as he enters.

He found her seated on the bed covered in a green lafaya( a garment,used to cover up mostly used by the shuwa Arabs in Nigeria ). She looked so breathtaking it almost  took his breath away, he felt like something was drawing him closer to her , a strong force  that makes him question his sanity and her  perfume wasn't helping matters. When  she looked up,time literally stopped  they both got lost in each other's eyes. She looked so innocent and sweet he thought, feeling the need to just grab her and kiss her and just like that the thoughts vanished when he remembered she doesn't love him. He dropped the packed food beside her and retraced his step out of the room quickly without as much as a second glance.

One minute he was standing there smiling like he won a million dollar lottery and then he sprinted out of the room like he saw his worst nightmare

One minute he was standing there smiling like he won a million dollar lottery and then he sprinted out of the room like he saw his worst nightmare. Tears started running down her face one after the other. Today is suppose to be the best night of her life but it turned out to be one of the darkest. She's a victim of love, she fell in love with someone who will never love her back why? Why? What has she ever done to him to deserve this? He couldn't even stand the sight of her face, She broke into a heart wrenching sob.

Ammar slowly walked out of the corridor angry at himself for loving her, angry at himself because he can't let go of that love, angry because of the love she still has for his dead brother. He went into his room and sat on the floor, lost in his world wishing things were different. Right there he planned on how to control himself because if he sees her everyday, he might lose his mind and her love will only grow a bunch more in his heart.
Unfortunate lovers, both of them oblivious to the love the other has for him. That night they both had a very agonizing night filled with longing.

Days flew by without progress between Ammar and Salmah. They avoided each other like a plague while hurting themselves in the process. Ammar avoided coming home early so he wouldn't bump into her but always eat whatever she kept on the dinning for him while Salmah does all her house chores after he leaves the house and lock herself in the room before he gets home. Most nights she cried herself to sleep, waking up in the dead of the night to pray to her creator for a solution.

This morning she woke up with a very hot temperature, she couldn't make it out of bed and there's no one to help her out.

Today Ammar left the office early because he wanted to take Salmah home to greet the parents as expected of newlyweds. He had to come home early so he could find a way to approach her but when he got home there was no one in the sitting room and it doesn't even look like she came out at all.

He went in to his room freshen up and came out,there was still no sign of Salmah, immediately he panicked and rushed into her room to see if she was there or she got tired of being with him and left him. His heart beating faster and faster , "ya Allah,please let her be here" he prayed. He silently opened the door with prayer on his lips.

Salmah was laying on the bed, shivering with her teeths cluttering under the covers. He rushed seeing her condition,cursing himself for neglecting her.
"Salmah, what is wrong with you?" He asked touching her forehead immediately withdrawing his hands, her temperature is very high. "How long have you been like this?" He asked worried.
She opened her eyes which are red from uncontrollable tears, she had always been a weeper whenever she falls sick. Whenever she falls sick, everyone at home wouldn't rest until she is better again because they make a permanent bed for her in the living room, bringing a mattress from the guest room just for her and also there is always someone sitting beside her all the time. They take turns to nurse her all through her sick days. But today she found herself all alone and sick without anyone beside her, she closed her eyes another stream of tears pouring out.

Seeing her tears, he felt a stab in his chest." Ya Allah what have I done?" He said to himself. Without any hesitation he picked her up from the bed, she tried to protest but too weak to fight him. He dashed for the car praying she will be alright, he lay her down on the backseat carefully while ordering the gateman to open up the gate. He rushed back in to get her things that she could use incase she got admitted.
On his way out of the sitting room he saw her phone laying on the sofa, he picked it up and put it in his pocket and  locked up the house behind him.

.............................................................

Poor Salmah,can you imagine being alone on your first night😩. You guys should kiss and makeup already💋

#Amsal❤️

Vote!

Comment!

Mssdewu💙