Lost

She sat on one of the two seaters in the room, her head bent down playing with the ring on her finger.

"I am sorry about the way I went about things, but I want you to know that I did it because of my love for you and because I want you to be the mother of my children " he said with utmost sincerity, looking at her hoping to get a response from her or even a reaction.

She didn't even raise her head to look at him, her heart felt heavy in her chest the tears she have been keeping at bay forced their way out even though she tried blinking them back. Since the announcement of their engagement, her life has been turned upside down she had been struggling to look happy but deep down she feels dead and about to be buried. Basheer is like an older brother to her she can't bring herself to say or do anything that will hurt him, but the truth of the matter is the person her heart yearns for is Ammar his brother and she knows she will never have a chance with him because for a Hausa girl to keep her pride aside and tell a guy she loves him first without him confessing, it's like a taboo which she couldn't bring herself to even think for a day that she would confront Ammar and confess how she feels about him and also Basheer is a brother to Ammar since she couldn't have him she will teach herself to learn to love his brother.

"You haven't said anything since I came, Are you sure you are okey with this? " he asked really worried.

She looked up at him, he is very handsome and charming with a good sense of humor, he is also kind hearted and very religious but he isn't the one he heart wants even though she will never say it out. Basheer is her only hope now since her parents want her to get married and he is the only person available, she never thought in her life she will marry out of convenience not love but Allah has our life planned even before we come into the world maybe Basheer is the best for her. She would try as much as possible not to show him that she didn't love him because from the looks of it their marriage is inevitable and Basheer loves her a lot maybe she will find happiness when she marry him.

"Don't worry Yaaya, you did the right thing by asking my parents, it is the right thing to do because we have been together for a while and marriage is the essence for any relationship" she said feeling the bitterness of her words in her mouth.

He sighed in relieve releasing the breathe he have been holding without knowing he was holding it all this while, he didn't know she wouldn't be angry with him considering how she had been avoiding him since the announcement but now he knows she wasn't angry even though deep down he suspects she doesn't really love but he is hoping that someday she will.

She didn't realize how much time she spent with Basheer because he held her with amazing stories that made her laugh till her stomach hurt forgetting for a moment her worries and heartache.

Looking at how she was completely loose and laughing made him smile and thought to himself maybe he had a chance after all to make her fall in love with him.

~~~~~~

"I think you really need to tell your parents about your situation Ammar, this is absolutely ridiculous" his friend said standing above the hospital bed he was laying on.

"Don't worry, you heard the doctor right? I just have to relax and rest a little that's all" he said trying to act like he is actually better but deep down his heart feels like a hundred daggers are piercing right through.

"Hmmn...don't try to act smart with me Mr I know you are going through a lot, when I found you in your house you were passed out the doctors said it was a miracle you didn't suffer a stroke or fall into coma because your BP was so high"

"There is no need to get them worried, I am feeling a lot better, I don't want them to ask questions please drop it"

"Okey, I won't call them but I feel really bad for lying to your mom that you travelled to a remote area without any network. I am afraid to say I told you so, one day your arrogance will cost you and here we are "

Ammar closed his eyes that have dark circles around it contrasting his pale face, he still feels the pain but there's nothing he can do to take it away.

~~~~~~~~~
"Ummah, what do you think about these materials? My friend Maryam sells them they are 100 thousand each, Amal said showing her mother a picture from her phone.

"Masha Allah they look very nice, you should order the royal blue and the mint green I think they would look really nice on Salmah "

"That's what I thought too mother, I will call her right away. We need to finish buying the cloths as soon as possible so we could concentrate on other things"

"That's true, Amal what do you think is wrong with Ammar?" Ummah asked suddenly looking very concerned.

"Ummah I have been thinking about it it too, he didn't seem like himself  this morning when  I bummed into him,  he was going out I could swear he looked sick and he is growing thinner everyday like something is wrong with him but we didn't get to tall he just smiled and wave then drove off" Salmah finished .

"I thought I was the only one that noticed" their mother added.

"The only one that noticed what? " Basheer said walking into the room and joining the conversation.

"Your brother ,what is going on with him" Ummah said filling him in and hoping he had answers.

"I am not sure but I noticed something too, I asked him why he looked thin he just joked that he was on a diet" Basheer said dipping his hands into Salmah's plate of dambun Nama , she immediately slapped his hand of the plate.

"Don't even think about it go and get yours or wait till you marry Salmah then she can make you yours" Amal said sticking her tongue out.

"That's not fair Amal you are married and still acting very childish I am sorry for your husband " he said sticking his tongue out too.

"Look at you two I feel sorry for both your partners" their mother said smiling and they chatted happily about the wedding and other things.

~~~~~~~~

" my daughter is finally getting married" she said happily hugging her niece who came to visit her.

"Aunty you are making me shy" Salmah said covering her face.

"Shy my foot, I have to express my happiness because we have all been waiting for this day. You came at the right time because my friend from sokoto had sent me the the stuff I need to prepare you for the wedding my darling " she said making Salmah more embarrassed.

"She will come here as a favor to me 2weeks to your wedding to give you special body treatment "

"Aunty we don't need to do all that"

"Nonsense, I know your mother won't do it for you but I am here and you have nothing to worry about"

Ya Allah see me through, she thought closing her eyes.

*************************************
The wedding preparation is on! Poor Ammar.

Vote!
Comment!

Mssdewu❤️