Drips and pads

Oh no! I don't think I can be able to face him, She thought. He bought me pad and panties ?Innalillah! , This is the most embarrassing thing that had ever happened to me. He knows I am on my period now, I just wish the ground will open and swallow me. She groaned inwardly closing her eyes trying to avoid his gaze. The nurse came in and helped her to the toilet  while she avoided looking at him . When she stole a glance just before going into the toilet, he was busy with his phone typing God knows what.

When the door closed he looked up from his phone and sighed he couldn't look at her, it feels too awkward and she sure does feel that too but he doesn't regret being there when she needed him. It was a miracle when he drove into their school and saw her walking no leaning on her friend to support her from falling. Suddenly she was about to fall and he didn't wait to park his car probably he jumped out of the car without thinking and held her before she reached the ground and crack something. He and her friend rushed her to the hospital and now here he is waiting on her.

From were she was lying on the bed she could see how concentrated he was on his phone , his face moped into seriousness, she couldn't help but admire his handsome features. He is a very handsome guy, breath taking and dashing .

"Can I have some water to drink?"She asked.

"Ofcos, let me help with it" he answered leaping out of his chair to get her a bottle of water.

"Here," he offered , after getting the bottle cover opened . she glanced up to get the water and caught his eyes,her heart thudded in her chest rapidly. They both got lost in each other when the door opened and her dad appeared. That brought them back to reality and awkwardness fell upon them.

'My baby, how are you feeling? I am so sorry I didn't make it on time, something held me up but I rushed here as soon as I finished.' her father rambled hugging her oblivious to the tension in the room. Ammar stood feets away from the bed feeling more awkward.

"Hello young man, thank you for being there when my daughter needed you"he said extending his hand for a handshake.

"Itis my pleasure sir, it is no problem at all. Salmah is like a sister to me" he said shaking his hands while scratching the back of his head with the other hand.

"The doctor has explained everything to me , he said she can be discharged after this drip is finished"he added smiling at his daughter.

She turned and toss on her bed unable to fall asleep, she pulled her phone from the bed side drawer and opened her gallery looking at the pictures her bestie sent her of their honeymoon, she looks very happy and they make a very cute couple. She wish to have this kind of love, someone who will look at her like she is everything and treats her like a queen. Suddenly Ammar popped into her mind and she groaned. She cant seem to get him out of her head recently, she's afraid to let herself fall for him. Since she left the hospital 2 weeks ago he hadn't contacted her once to hear how she was doing, she waited and waited. Even though he showed her a lot of care at the hospital but she can't explain it as him liking her. But she is sure about her feelings that she loves him but will never be able to tell him, to maintain her dignity and respect. A new text popped on her screen and she opened it.

"Amarya ta, how are you? I came into town last night and thought we should meet and I really want to talk to you about something. It is very important. Can I come over to your place?"

What can be very important? She pondered, Yaaya Basheer has always been playful with her, she couldn't think of anything so, after reading the text she replied telling him to come over around 4pm she will be waiting for him.

Ammar sat in his office thinking about her again, he has been doing that a lot lately, he couldn't get her of his mind even though he tried to but he couldn't. He always find himself pulling out her pictures on Instagram and getting lost in them. He is a hopeless case, his friend Faisal advised him to tell her about his feelings and put his ego aside but he can't  bring himself to do it. "Someday you will come to regret not chasing after her because she won't always be there waiting someone will come along, and  I will be there to say I told you so" To be sincere those few words frightened him but Salmah is a small girl, if he said anything about love to her he think she will stop respecting him and see herself as his equal and he can't have that . No!

"How are you? It's been almost a month or so the last time I saw you right?"

"Yea, I am fine. How have you been and how's work?"

"Everything is great but I miss you,"he smiled nervously. Today is the day he intends to tell her about how he feels, to tell her is really into her and not just kidding around. Unknowingly he fell for her, it was a joke at first always teasing her about being his wife but now he intends to make her his wife in reality he smiled to himself and brought back  his gaze upon her. She is just the type of woman he wants to marry and he pray she accepts him.

He is being quite today, no jokes, no teasing. She thought, that's so unlike him. She couldn't wait to hear what he wanted them to talk about the thought is making her nervous. She glanced at him and his eyes were on her watching her intently it gave her goosebumps though not in a freaky way.

"I know you are eager to hear what I said we 'd discuss,"She nodded and fiddled with her fingers , he continued
"The thing is Salmah, for a while now you have occupied my mind, I don't know how or when but I fell deeply in love with you and I hope that you will accept me and be my wife for real,"He finished.

To say she was shocked is an understatement, did she hear him right? Maybe he is joking like he always is. She looked up at him and his faces looked serious no hint of a joke or prank. Ya Allah! he is serious.

"I know it may come as a surprise for you, because I always joke around but I am serious Salmah, please give me a chance and I promise you won't regret it. I really love you" She just sat looking at him dumbfounded how she wish it was Ammar sitting, confessing his love for her. she would have been the happiest person on earth but contrary to that  his brother sat in his place pouring out his heart.

When she said nothing, he added " I know this is all overwhelming for you, I will give you some time to think about it, please do consider me Wallahi I really love you" from the way he said it you can detect the sincerity in his voice.

He stood up to leave, she escorted him forcing a smile on her face and waved him goodbye. After his car drove out of the gate she ran back into her room and slumped on her bed and then the water works broke, she cried.

................................................................
Dang !dang! dang! So, he professed his undying love for her...hmmmmm!