Ch.4 I Looked Into The Eyes Of Satan Pt.2

Hey guys.....maybe I should name you instead of saying 'guys'. Any suggestions? Well, anyway, ready for the next chapter? Lets get into it!!

Ch.4 I Looked Into The Eyes Of Satan Pt.2

"So, Oliver is your son?" I ask to make sure I'm not hearing things. She nods. "Do you know him? Are you two friends?" Sasha asks. I think about all the times Oliver has ever tripped me or stole something of mine...or stole something of mine, tripped me, and ran off with my stuff while I was down. I force a warm smile. "We know each other pretty well." I say. Sasha lets out a sigh of relief. "Oh, thank goodness, if not this would've been awkward." She tells me.

My smile fades. "Yep...extremely...." I mumble. "Did you say something?" Sasha asks. "Oh! I, uh, said, when is he coming back?" I ask. "Oh, well he's with two of his friends, Ross and Lucas, at Lucas' house. He's probably coming back late since it's Friday but he knows your here." Sasha says. My eyes widen. No wonder he's not here. "H-he knows?" I repeat. Sasha thinks about it for a moment. "Well, he knows someone will be living with us, he doesn't know it's you exactly." Sasha says. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "Oh, okay." I say. Either way if he knows or doesn't know, I'm still screwed. "Well, I'll be up in my room if you need me. Also, if you want to stay up late, you can. We leave the username and password for our Netflix by the tv." Sasha tells me and begins up the stairs.

"Ms.Sullivan!" I call out to her. She looks back at me. "Thank you so much!" I say. She smiles warmly. "No need for that, I was glad to do this for you." Sasha replies and continues upstairs.

"Hey Iris!" Ruby calls from the top of the stairs. I look at her. "Yea?" I question. "Want to see my room? I can also show you around the whole house." Ruby asks me. "Sure, that would be very helpful." I reply, smiling. Ruby smiles. "Lets start with me room!" Ruby exclaims. I go upstairs to Ruby's room, it's the door with all the drawings on it.

We walk inside. "Ta-da!" Ruby exclaims, with her arms stretched out, doing jazz hands. I laugh a bit. Her walls are purple, so are her bed sheets and pillows. Her stuffed animals and toys take up one corner of the room. 49..50..51..52?! Geez, this girl must really like her toys and stuffed animals. She has two trophies in ballet in each of her bedside tables. Ruby also has a drawing set/kit on a medium sized table in her room. I look around more and see a child's tea set as well, she probably has tea parties.

"Ruby, how old are you?" I ask, continuing to look around. "I'm seven!" She exclaims, smiling and using her fingers to show me. I nod in response.

On her wall are some posters of tv shows and movies like Monster High, Miraculous, and others. She also has some posters of animals. Then I notice some pictures of her family on her wall. One picture, I noticed, was them in Disneyland, how Oliver didn't get banned, I don't know. But this picture stood out because....Oliver looked happy and he was smiling, and he didn't give off this I-want-to-kill-you vibe. He didn't look like the Oliver I know.

"Iris!" Ruby snaps me out of my daze. "Are you alright?" She asks. "Oh, yes, I'm fine. Just thinking." I tell her. Technically, I'm being honest. "Oh, okay. Well, if you're done, we can go look around the house more." Ruby replies. "Oh, right. Lets go!" I say, smiling. She smiles back and we exit the room.

"Which is your brother's room?" I ask her even though it was obvious. "That one!" She exclaims pointing at a door with a sign on it that says, "Keep out". I nod slowly. "Well, were not allowed in there, only his friends....but lets keep going." Ruby says. "Lead the way!" I say and follow her around the house.

**********************************
This is perfect....not really, but whatever. I'm in my pajamas, with some popcorn and is about to watch a movie. I sigh. It would be even better if dad was here.. I blink back tears that began to well up in my eyes. Dad, please watch with me like we planned. Tonight's movie night, remember? I begin the movie.

**********************************
"You have been blessed with your looks, Dave!" I whisper shout at the screen. Right now, I'm watching Now You See Me 2 for like the 100th time but I never get tired of it. I yawn. ....Bad timing I guess... Well, it is late so I guess it's pretty normal to be tired as of now. I shut the tv and put the bowl of popcorn in the sink and head to the living room for my phone. As I walk in, someone else does as well. And we all know who that is. Oh no..

Oliver silently closes the door behind him and turns to be greeted by me. "Hey nerd!" He greets casually and begins up the stairs. I raise an eyebrow. Did he not realize? "Wait a second..." I hear him say and he runs back down. "Nerd?! What are you doing here?" He asks surprised. "Your mom told you someone was living with you, right?" I ask. He thinks about it. "Don't tell me it's you." he says almost upset. "Oh gee, I feel loved." I respond sarcastically.

It's silent.

"This is awkward..." I mumble. "Tell me about it." He adds. We both look up at each other simultaneously and look away again. Oh my butternut squash, I just looked into the eyes of Satan. Oliver scratches the nape of his neck. "Well, I'm gonna gooo..." Oliver says, extending the 'go'. He begins up the stairs. I stand there completely still, not knowing what to do. I swear if anyone saw me right now, they'd think I'm a mannequin.

Oliver looks back down at me. I look up at him, it seems he regrets his descision to look back at me.  "Um...night nerd." Oliver says. "G-goodnight..." I reply nervously. Oliver then continues up to the steps of his room. When I hear his door close, I go up to my room. As soon as I get there, I flop and faceplant on my bed. I can't believe it.....I'm living with me bully...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey..nuggets? Dinosaurs? Pack? Eh, whatever(I still don't know what to call you). I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I said before that there would be three parts to Iris moving in but there are only two. The next chapter is interesting to though so don't worry! Anyway, if you enjoyed this chapter please like, comment, and give feedback! I'll see you in the next chapter, bye bye💖