Ch. 24 His Courage

Okay so um...I didn't realize it's been three months and I feel so bad😅 But here you go!!

Ch. 24 His Courage

                 ••••Oliver's POV••••

       I groan as I feel my eyelids strain to open. As my eyes were exposed to the light, my head began to pound. What the hell happened last night? I bring a hand up to my face to shield my eyes from the light.

Then something...no, someone, rolled into my side. My eyes widen. I slowly lift my hand from my face to turn my head. Please be Ruby with another nightmare...please be Ruby with another nightmare..

I completely turn my head to see Iris' sleeping face right by my shoulder. I jolt in bed, banging my head against the wall that my bed was up against. My head pounds even more and even faster. But not as fast as my racing heart...

Did we..?

I lift the blanket that was covering us to see we were wearing clothes. I sigh in relief, dropping the blanket back on us. Oh thank goodness..

I look back over at Iris, pursing my lips. If that didn't happen..then what did? I try to remember anything from yesterday after I dropped Iris off at the mall. That's one of the last things I remember. Besides calling Adam and Ross to hang out.....oh

And now I know what happened.

I debate whether I should wake her or let her sleep. I'm surprised she's sleeping longer than I am. Aren't I the one that's hungover? I rub the sides of my head, closing my eyes.

A little later, I hear Iris yawn so my immediate reaction was to pretend to be sleeping. The bed dips beside me so I assume she sits up. Should I make it seem like I'm just waking up too?

"I know you're awake." Iris says, startling me. "No I'm not." I reply, closing my eyes tighter. She chuckles lowly, "Does your head hurt badly?" She asks, yawning again. "Extremely." I answer, opening my eyes now.

She was staring at me, her hair sticking up in certain places. It was..cute. There were dark circles under her eyes which were very noticeable. That makes me wonder how late we went to sleep.

I sit up slowly, yawning. "So..what happened last night before we fell asleep?" I ask, squinting at her to try and make my head hurt less. "You were just acting how any drunk person would act..like throwing up a lot and such." She shrugs then her eyes widen a bit, "Oh! And you kissed my neck and asked me to sleep next to you!" She adds, poking my shoulder.

My eyes widen and my face felt like it was on fire. "I...what?" I ask, shocked. She snorts, "You heard me. That's why I was sleeping here." She says. I look down, too embarrassed to look Iris in the eye. Did I really do all that?

"Anyway, I'll bring you some water and a painkiller." She says, yawning once more before standing up. She didn't seem to mind? She takes a minute to stretch before continuing out the door and down the stairs.

I stare at the door she just walked out of. Iris was going to take care of me? I smile at the thought, lying back down and staring up at the ceiling. Maybe I should get sick or hungover more often..

Iris walks back into the room with a glass of water in one hand and the painkiller in the other. "I'm back!" She smiles wide and sits on the edge of my bed. I sit up again, groaning at my headache. "Thanks." I smile, taking the painkiller from her.