Ch. 26 Prom Date

Sorry for the long wait, I'm trying to get the chapters out whenever I can. Also, does anyone have song recommendations?? I've recently been listening to Gorillaz. And I've been rewatching Aphmau's Minecraft Diaries which makes me want to create my own series. I created a plot and everything😂 But without further adieu, enjoy this 26th chapter!

Ch. 26 Prom Date

•••Iris' POV•••

It's been nearly two weeks since Richard's funeral. The Sullivan's were getting by fine but they were obviously all still affected by the events. Oliver was more quiet then usual but he still acted like his normal everyday self. Though I could tell that his smiles were all fake. So is his laughter when someone tells a joke. As well as his chuckling when he teases someone. He really misses his dad(I don't know who wouldn't after an incident like this) just like I do. The Sullivan's were there for me then so I'm going to be there for them now.

I had met Richard's wife and his children at the funeral too. They seemed very nice and I wish I had met them under better circumstances. Though I doubt I'm ever going to see them again.

"Iris, are you ready?" Oliver asks from the other side of the bedroom door. I didn't realize I was in a daze, sitting on my bed in my pajamas again. I look down, eyes widening and stand up quickly. "Just a few more minutes!" I call back, smiling nervously. His footsteps begin receding down the stairs as well as Ruby's energetic prancing following behind him.

I look through my closet, pushing hangers aside that hold clothes that don't appeal to me at the moment. I groan in frustration and randomly grab a pair of jeans as well as a sweatshirt. Rushing to get them on, Thumper watched me as he drank water. Poor Thumper...he has a really weird owner..

Once I felt like I was ready, I raced out the door, throwing my book bag over my shoulder. "See ya later, Thumper!" I flash a smile at the bunny, heading towards the stairs. Oliver was leaning on the wall at the bottom of the stairs, typing away on his phone. It looked like he was texting. And he was, grinning happily? I wonder what that's about.

He looked up, smiling when he saw me racing down the stairs like a 5 year old. It did seem genuine and I was glad that I could make him smile. Hopefully I'd see it often.

"Stop running like that, you're gonna hurt yourself." He chuckles softly, standing up straight and away from the wall as he slides his phone in his pocket. When I reach the third step closest to the floor, I jump down going to land next to Oliver. And Oliver being the overprotective Oliver I know and.. um..he sticks his arm in front of me just in case I fall over.

I land on my feet this time, sticking my arms up in the air like a gymnast. "And she sticks the landing!" I grin, looking up at Oliver. He has this heart warming smile on his face that makes my heart flutter- well, ahem..any girl's heart would flutter really. "I don't know how you're so hyper. Let's get going, shall we?" He asks, smiling down at me. "We shall." I nod, smiling.

****************

I hum softly to myself as we exit the car, slamming the door shut simultaneously. We walk towards the entrance in silence, glancing around the parking lot. We had been a lot more careless when waking into school together. I don't think anyone has realized that we've been walking into the school together at the same time for about eight months now.

Not even Addison who would notice every little thing about Oliver. She hasn't been rude to anyone for a while now and I honestly believe she's changed. Chad and her seemed to really like each other now and I'm not the only who's noticed. They seem very happy together. And I'm glad she's gotten over Oliver.