Ch. 15 The Fight

I'm just gonna say...as of now...I think this is the best chapter I've written so far!! Heheheheehh...

P.S Any clothing that I have to explain won't be explained very detailed since I'm really bad at that.

Ch.15 The Fight

"Oliver, listen to me right now! You will not fight that boy, do you hear me?!" Ms.Sullivan shouts for like the 100th time. Ms. Sullivan is, obviously, furious and doesn't want Oliver to go to the fight. Thankfully, Ruby is at a friend's house tonight sleeping over for this exact reason.

I've been sitting in my room the whole time listening. I tried to blast music in my earbuds but it wasn't enough to block out the yelling.

Suddenly, my door swings open and Oliver steps inside then quickly shuts the door behind him and locks it before Ms.Sullivan could enter. He sighs in relief and leans against the door as Ms. Sullivan pulls on the door handle from the other side.

"Iris, may you please open the door? I know Oliver won't." I hear Ms. Sullivan ask from the other side of the door. I look at Oliver cautiously and slowly stand up. He quickly glares at me, "Don't even think about it." He warns. I quickly sit down on my bed once again, not wanting to anger Oliver any further.

"Don't threaten her!" She pulls on the door knob again then finally stops, "You know what? I need some time to myself right now so keep yourself locked up in Iris's room while I go calm down." Ms. Sullivan announces. We stay silent as we hear Ms. Sullivan storm off and leave the house, getting in her car and driving away.

"Why don't you just listen to her?" I ask finally, moving into a comfortable position on my bed. He shakes his head and sighs, "I can't just back out of the fight..especially against the Reaper." Oliver says, walking over and sitting on the edge of my bed.

"From what I heard, this guy wears a mask. If you don't know who he is under it, why do you care so much about fighting him?" I ask. "You wouldn't understand.." He mumbles, lying down on my bed. I roll my eyes, "Fine but when he beats you, don't come crying to me." I blurt out, slumping back down on my bed.

Why did I say that? Of course Oliver can beat him, the guy can't be that strong...and besides, Oliver is always able to come to me when he has a problem. I look over at Oliver to see him already staring at me. "What?.." I feel my face heat up. "I...I just wanted to know if we could go up to the roof again?..." He asks nervously. Woah, okay, this is happening..Oliver is nervous.

As I study his face more, he looks desperate to go up there. "You really like it up there." I point out, standing up. He smiles, "Yeah," he stands up beside me, "but it's better at night." He walks towards my already open window.

"Are you gonna need my help again?" He asks, looking back at me. I shake my head, "I think I can do it, plus I don't think you'd want to help me anyway." I say, chuckling. He shrugs, "You've got a point there." He replies, chuckling.

Oliver leans part of his body out the window, then pulls himself to the top. The rest of him disappears up and out of the view of the window. I wipe my sweaty hands on my pants, not wanting to risk myself slipping and falling. I cautiously stick my head out the window and look up at the roof, getting a good grip on a piece of the roof before pulling myself up. Well..trying to.

Come on noodle arms! Just a bit further! We've got this! Geez I really need to work on my upper body strength.. Oliver then comes into view and grabs my hands, pulling me onto the roof towards him. With one strong and final pull, Oliver pulls me right next to him. I nearly fall over onto him but I quickly regain myself.