Christmas Special: Part 2

Welcome back to my Christmas special! Again, you don't have to continue reading but if you want to, go right ahead! I'm not stopping you. Also, I'm bad at describing clothes which is why there's going to be a picture(s). By the way, I wrote this last night on Christmas Eve when my family was over. They probably thought I was weird. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Flashback: =================

Christmas Special: Part 2:

I look into the mirror reluctantly. Ugh, I hate dresses! My dress is white at the top with red and silver gems on it, creating a beautiful pattern over the top. The collar of the dress also is covered with the red and silver gems. The bottom of the dress is red and frilly at the hem of it. With the dress, I'm wearing ruby red flats. My hair is still straight, kinda frizzy, but is held back with a red bow.

I open my door since Ms

I open my door since Ms.Sullivan is outside, waiting to see how I looked. She gasps, covering her mouth with her hands. "I-is it bad?" I automatically think aloud, frowning and looking back down at it. She laughs a bit at my reaction, "No, not at all. I really love it on you, I just remembered telling your father about a dress that I saw in a store one day. I told him it would've looked really pretty on you, he must've bought it for you because you're wearing it right now." She explains, smiling widely at me.

==========================

I hear the front door downstairs open and close. That must be dad. I smile to myself, then get off of my bed to greet my dad downstairs. When I get there, he's holding a bag in his hands. "Hey dad, what's in the bag?" I greet him, smiling a bit. "Oh, hey Iris. I bought you something today." He says, handing me the bag.

I quickly thrust my hand into the bag, wanting to know what's inside. My smile grows wide as I'm pulling it out. Then I see a skirt of a dress, my smile fades a bit. I pull the rest of the dress out. "Wow, its...its a dress.." I glance over at my dad who's smiling. I can't make him upset. "It's beautiful, dad! Thank you so much!" I lie, trying to convince him as I reach out to hug him.

He smiles wider, hugging back. "You're welcome, Iris! A friend of mine told me about this dress, she thought it would look nice on you. It'd make her really happy if you wore it when she sees you wearing this one day." He tells me, pulling away from the hug.

I nod, smiling. "Tell her that I love it." I say, still trying to make my lie convincing. He nods, then walks into the kitchen to make some lunch.

===========================

Oh, so that's who he was talking about. "I remember him giving it to me." I tell her, fiddling with the hem of the dress. She smiles, "It really does look beautiful on you."