Ch.8 Here we go Again

Are you ready for another chapter?

Cause here we go!

Ch.8 Here we go Again

I was able to go back to sleep after I woke up at 4:36. At 6:30, I woke up since I had school today and that's my usual time to wake up. I put on my clothes for the day. My outfit consisted of jeans, black and white converse, and a black hoodie with the words 'NOT TODAY' in white. My hoodie basically explains how I feel, I rather not be bothered but whatever. I sound like an angsty teen. There's a knock on my door.

"Iris, may I come in?" Ms. Sullivan asks from the other side of the door. "Yes, you may." I reply, my voice still a bit raspy from crying. She slowly turns the door knob and enters the room silently. "How are you feeling?" She asks. I shrug a bit. "Meh...I could be better." I say truthfully. Ms. Sullivan nods. "I understand. If you want to stay home, that's fine." She offers, smiling slightly. I think about it. "As much as I would love to stay, I think I'll go to school, I'll be fine. My friend is already worrying too much about me, I don't want her to worry even more." I tell her. "Alright, but if you want to be picked up during the day, here's my number." Ms. Sullivan says, handing me a paper with her number on it. I take it gratefully. "Thank you." I say. She nods and leaves the room.

I read over the number before putting it in my back pocket. My phone goes off in its charger, signaling another text. From Kayla, I believe. I walk over to my phone to see 53 missed calls and 89 messages from Kayla. I chuckle and take my phone out of the charger. Going through my messages, it's mostly about Kayla asking if I'm okay, if I need a ride to school, or where I moved to. I reply with, 'I'm fine, don't worry about me. Today I'm walking, sorry. I'll see you at school, okay? Ttyl💖'. With that, I leave my room with my book bag and walk downstairs to the front door. I don't need breakfast today.

From the front door, I see Oliver lying down on the couch in the living room. Ruby and Ms.Sullivan just left for work and school. "I'm gonna walk to school, so um..see you later, I guess?" I say, still kinda confused on how this is supposed to work. Usually, my dad is already at work and I'm alone in the mornings. Oliver suddenly scrambles to his feet and off the couch. "Wait! I can drive, we're going to the same place anyway." Oliver offers. "Well..yeah, but-" Oliver cuts me off, "But, nothing. Come on Iris, let me drive you. Besides, school starts in like twenty minutes and the walk from here to there is long. You'll end up being late." Oliver argues.

I realize he's right and sigh. "Alright fine, you win. Lets go then." I say reluctantly, rolling my eyes a bit. I kinda feel bad that I'm acting this way, but I'm honestly not in the mood today. Isn't that understandable? Oliver nods and grabs his book bag.

We both head out the door and I follow Oliver, he leads me to a black SUV. "Huh..." I mumble. Oliver must've heard me because he looks over at me. "What?" He asks. "I was expecting a motorcycle, but this is good too." I say and get in the passengers side. Not gonna lie, I think the SUV fits him better than a motorcycle. He just seemed like the type to own one.

I hear Oliver chuckle outside and then he gets in the car, drivers side obviously. "And why exactly were you expecting a motorcycle? Did you want to wrap your arms around this Sullivan goodness?" He gestures to his body, "Oh no, don't tell me you're disappointed?" Oliver asks sarcastically, a mischievous smirk plastered on his face.

I snort. "You wish, marshmallow." I reply, smirking a bit and looking out the window to hide an obvious blush. Oliver chuckles again, turns on the car engine, and sets off towards the school.

************************************
After a long and silent car ride, we stop in the schools parking lot. I reach for the door handle - "Iris," Oliver calls my name, catching my attention, I look over at him. He looks a bit nervous...and ashamed? "I..um, just don't tell anyone we live together either. My reputation means a lot to me. No one, even Adam and the guys, don't know how I act at home. So please." Oliver says, tensed up and avoiding eye contact. I stare at him in disbelief. "And just when I thought you were different..." I mumble and get out the car, running off to my homeroom. In the distance, there's the sound of a car horn being honked as if someone was hitting their head on it constantly.