Ch. 14 We Both Have Daddy Issues

Should I do a Q&A for this book? I think it'd be pretty cool. You could ask me questions that you have on the characters or the story line and I can answer(unless it spoils future events). I'm just not sure I should since I don't know how many questions I'll get, I might get like one or two? Anyway, lets continue.

Ch. 14 We Both Have Daddy Issues

      As I pass people in the hall, they're all whispering amongst themselves. The questions was, why?

Up ahead I see Kayla, Adam, Ross, and Lucas whispering to each other as well. I walk up to them and they still continue to talk.

"Alright, what's going on?" I ask, getting their attention. They look over at me. "You seriously don't know?" Ross asks, a bewildered expression on his face. I shake my head. "It's like you live under a rock..." Ross mutters, shaking his head in a disappointed manner.

Adam sighs, "It's about Oliver," Of course it is. "You know how he street fights, right?" Adam asks. My eyes widen and my jaw drops. "It's confirmed. She lives under a rock." Ross mumbles. He does WHAT?!

"Anyway, now that you know, he's having a fight with one of the best street fighters here. They call the guy 'The Reaper' which I personally think is kinda cliche but either way, he's badass." Adam continues.

No wonder Oliver has been acting strange lately. He's been stressed, going to the gym more, locking himself in his room, and ignoring his whole family, even me.

"He's never lost a fight before and people say that everyone he fights barely makes it out alive..." Lucas adds, sounding serious. "Iris, are you alright? Your face is pale." Kayla asks, worried. "I'm just peachy..." I mutter sarcastically.

"Yeah, it sounds bad but-" "He could die, that's worse than bad!" I shout, cutting off Lucas and getting the attention of everyone in the hallway. I just had to yell that out..

Suddenly, I'm being pulled by my hand by Ross to the janitors closet. Why do we always go here? We can't even all fit in there. "Smart move, Mitchell." Ross whispers sarcastically.

We squeeze our way into the closet and I'm pressed between Lucas and Ross who are trying to give me space. Thankfully, the janitor isn't in here this time. It's silent for a minute. "Am I the only one turned on by how close we all are?....." Lucas whispers. We all take a step away from him.

"Anyway....aren't you supposed to live with Oliver? How did you not know?" Ross asks. Lately, it doesn't feel like it. One night, we were actually bonding and getting to know each other better, then it's like I don't exist..

"Iris!" Kayla calls out to me, getting my attention. "Hm?" I hum, still not focused much. "Did you hear what Adam said?" She asks, a worried look still on her face. I shake my head to get rid of the rest of my thoughts. "No, sorry, I was just thinking." I tell them, sighing softly.

"Clearly," Adam chuckles, "Well I said, Oliver may seem like he's in a bad position but he's been training so long and hard. He's even waited for this fight to happen." Adam repeats, his arm around Kayla.

"Does he have a death wish or something?" I shake my head. "Oliver doesn't-" Lucas pauses, rewording his sentence, "Oliver isn't the kind of person to back down, so even trying to talk to him would be a waste of time." Lucas says, sighing. I need to try. "Where's Oliver right now?" I ask, determined. "Try the football field, if he's not there, try the principles office." Ross answers, shrugging. The football field? I nod, readjusting my book bag on my shoulder and opening the janitor door.

As I step out, I hear Kayla tell the group, "She likes him." "I do not!" I shout back and hurry away, hiding my flustered face from their view.

I make my way to the football field. I look around but I don't see Oliver. Of course he's in the principles office, what else would he be doing?