Ch. 25 Iris and Oliver's Date

So um I just realized that the ending of this story is supposed to be out by the end of this month and I don't have the chapters written...I really need to fix my schedule. If it comes out after the end of this month, I just want you to know that that wasn't my original plan. But enjoy this chapter, I know you'll like it! (P.S Merry Christmas!! You readers are the best gift of all😊)

Ch. 25 Iris and Oliver's Date:

                            ******3rd POV******

      "Hm...how about ice skating?" Iris asks Oliver, her head on his lap as she looks up at the clear sky.

They've been up on the roof for a little while, trying to figure out something to do today. Oliver sat up, leaning back on his hands as he stares up at the sky.

When he hears Iris' suggestions, he looks down at her, raising an eyebrow with a small smile on his face. "Ice skating? Why that?" He asks. "It'd be fun. Do you not want to?" She asks, looking up at him.

"No, it's not that, we can go. I'm just curious as to why. I haven't gone in a while.." He admits, looking back up at the bright blue sky. "Oh...then I'm glad we'll be going together." She says, smiling up at him. Oliver glances down at her, smiling as he shakes his head, letting a chuckle escape his lips.

"Should we go now or after we have lunch?" He asks her. She thinks for a moment then sits up, "Oh!" She turns to face him with a smile on her face, "We can go ice skating now and then grab a bite to eat at the mall." Iris suggests. "Sounds good to me." Oliver replies, standing up steadily.

He holds his hand out to Iris who takes his hand. He pulls her up towards him in a swift steady motion. They help each other to stay balanced for a moment, then begin walking to the window, hand in hand.

*********************

They get to the ice skating rink and get their skates. Oliver seems to grow tense as they make their way towards the ice.

"You do know how to stake, right?" Iris asks, smiling a bit as she tilts her head confused. "What?" He faces her, "Oh, yeah, yeah definitely. It's just been a while and I don't want to trample any kids." He replies with a shrug. "You won't, trust me." Iris laughs, "Just follow my lead." She holds her hand out for Oliver to take.

Oliver looks down at her hand and smiles, placing his hand in hers. She leads him out to the ice, being cautious of kids skating by. They start off near the walls of the rink, holding hands, then make their way closer to the center. Thankfully, they don't hit into any kids thanks to Iris' skills which he teasingly denies.

They spend at least two hours and a half at the rink before getting bored. But not bored of each other.

"I'm not wrong though. When you play hide and seek, the 'perfect' hiding spot doesn't exist because if you find it, it wouldn't be so perfect." Iris explains to him. "What did they put in your hot chocolate?" Oliver asks, chuckling. "Maybe too much whipped cream." Iris says, giggling.

They bring their skates back to the counter, trading them in for their shoes back. Once they got their shoes, they walk out to the parking lot to Oliver's car.

"Hm...if you expect the unexpected, doesn't that make the unexpected expected?" Oliver asks her, trying to beat her in her little game of what she likes to call 'Give Each Other Headaches'. Iris nods slowly, "Not bad, marshmallow. Not bad." She chuckles, looking out the window as they drive to the mall. "Thanks, I try." Oliver replies sarcastically, chuckling softly.

"So, lets see," Iris looks around as they walk in the mall, ignoring the crying babies, dramatic teens and stressed mothers, "Fast food? Or should we actually eat somewhat healthy?" Iris asks, looking over at Oliver. "I can't say no to fast food," He chuckles, "Which one though?" He asks, looking around as well.

"If you think about it, McDonald's, Burger King, and Wendy's are all the same - though in my opinion, they each have something better than the rest - so one of the those wouldn't matter. Then we have Subway, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell." She looks back at all the fast food restaurants. "I could go for Subway." Oliver says, shrugging. "Great." She smiles and they walk over.

They wait on line for a few good minutes before getting to the cashier. "Hello, how can I help you today?" She asks, smiling politely. "I'll take a Veggie Delight." They say simultaneously, looking over at each other in shock before laughing. "So two Veggie Delights..anything else?" She asks, tapping on her screen. "One Coke." Iris says. "One Pepsi." Oliver says. "Okay, thank you. Your total is $14.20 and will be ready soon." The lady says, smiling up at them. They nod, Oliver pays her, and they move over for the next customers.

"So Pepsi, huh?" Iris looks up at Oliver, narrowing her eyes. "Yep...and Coke for you?" Oliver replies, looking down at Iris who nods, "I thought I taught you better than this, you traitor." Oliver frowns, shaking his head, pretending to be upset. "I'm not the traitor, you are! Pepsi is not as good as Coke, my old arch nemesis." She argues, glaring up at Oliver.

"Number 432!" Someone shouts behind the counter. Oliver glances down at their receipt at their order number and walks over to get their food. He picks up the tray, then walks back over to Iris. "Now where do we sit?" He asks her. "Oliver, this isn't the lunchroom, no one here is in a clique." She giggles, walking over to an empty table. "I knew that." He mumbles, following after her.

They spend a good forty five minutes eating and talking with each other. Some of the talking was actually arguing about which soda is better, Pepsi or Cola. Iris definitely won, only because Oliver didn't want to see her sad when she would lose.

They decided to just walk around the mall a bit. It was just to have more time outside of the house to hang out and talk. They eventually ended up on the bridge. Yeah, the bridge where couples got together, the bridge where people shared their first kiss, the bridge where people would share their first special moment together...that bridge.

Iris stopped walking to peer over the railing at the river below. It was going to get colder soon meaning the water would freeze over so she took in the beautiful scenery. Oliver joined her at her side.

"You alright, Iris?" He asks, a bit concerned. "Yeah," She sighs softly, "Its just a beautiful view from here." She says, smiling warmly. Oliver looks over at her and a smile makes its way into his lips, "It really is." He says.

Iris looks over at him and instead of quickly looking away, Oliver holds eye contact. "Oliver?" She calls his name, confused. "Hm?" He hums. "Is something wrong?" She asks, tilting her head slightly. "Nope, nothing at all. Just admiring the view." He tells her, staring into her eyes with a smile. Iris was taken by surprise but smiles wide, her cheeks turning pink.

Oliver leans in and places a small gentle kiss on Iris's cheek. "Come on, lets head home." He says, turning to walk away. Iris stands there for a moment in shock, then smiles to herself, letting out a silent giggle before going to catch up with Oliver.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am so so very sorry for the extremely long wait and that this chapter had to be somewhat short. Ngl this story probably has like 5 more chapters left than we say goodbye to Oliver and Iris :/

I'm trying to finish this before February but who knows what's gonna happen 🙃

Anyway if you enjoyed this chapter please like, comment, and leave feedback! Thanks! Bye bye!

~ FT💖