Ch. 16 Terrence's Party

I hope you enjoy this chapter
*wink wonk*

Ch. 16 Terrence's Party

             •••••••Iris' POV•••••••

"Iris, did you hear about the football team?" Kayla asks. "Yeah, they won against the Panthers which they consider their 'arch enemies'." I reply.

"Well yeah, it's a big win for them, it's their first time winning against them. I heard they were throwing a party to celebrate." Kayla says, grinning. "So?" I look at her, dumbfounded. "We should go!" She exclaims.

I laugh, "What makes you think we'll even get an invite?" I raise an eyebrow. "It's Terrence who's throwing the party." She answers, wiggling her eyebrows.

I freeze a bit, "T-that doesn't mean anything." I say, crossing my arms. "Oh really?" She cocks an eyebrow, smirking. I nod firmly. "I bet you ten dollars he's gonna ask you first." She says. "Psh, that won't happen." I shake my head, chuckling.

"Hey Iris," I freeze again hearing his voice, I turn to face him, "If you're not busy later, would you come to the party later? I'm sure you already heard about it." He asks, smiling. "Uh...uh-"

"She would love to." Kayla answers for me.

"This doesn't mean I'm the first person he asked." I whisper to her, seeing her grin.

"Who else did you invite so far?" Kayla asks. "So far, only Iris." He answers, nervously.

I glance at Kayla who's grinning ear to ear. I pull out a $10 bill and hand it to her which she greatly accepts.

"Kayla, are you coming also?" Terrence asks her. "Definitely." Kayla smiles.

"Ugh, don't tell me you invited these two." We hear Chad groan, walking up behind Terrence. I forget that he's the football captain. "So what if I did?" Terrence replies. Chad sighs, "If you want your party to be lame, invite them, be my guest, but I warned you." He says, walking off.

"Sorry about him, I'll make sure he won't bother you at the party." Terrence assures us, smiling politely. "Well, see you around." He says before walking away to invite other students.

I look over at Kayla who's still grinning. "Stop that." I glare at her. She just snickers.

                      *************

    "So, he invited you first?" Ross repeats, looking at me. I nod sheepishly. "Ooooooo, he must like you!" Lucas shouts. "No duh, Captain Obvious." Adam says, shaking his head.

"Did she freeze while talking to him?" Lucas asks. "Like a deer in headlights." Kayla replies, grinning.

"Are you guys going to the party later too?" I ask the boys, ignoring Kayla and Lucas. "Eh..maybe," Adam replies. "We might just crash it," Ross shrugs. I chuckle. Typical Ross.

"Hey Oliver, what's up with you?" Ross suddenly asks, causing us to turn our attention to Oliver. He's looking down at the table, lost in thought.

"Someone's jealous." Lucas smirks. Oliver snaps his head in his direction, "Am not!" He shouts.

"Are too!"

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"Am not!"