Ch.10 I Can Finally Tell Her

"You can work on this assignment with a partner after school...or not, whatever you think is best for yourself." The history substitute announced, sitting back down at the teachers desk and going on his phone. This is the only time I actually want our history teacher back, this guy has done nothing but go on his phone! Kayla nudges me and when I look over, she's grinning. The bell rings and Kayla and I begin to put our things away in our book bags.

"So, who's house?" She asks, zipping her book bag shut. "Wait, what?" I say, looking over at her. "Well, we're getting together for this assignment right?" She asks, raising an eyebrow. I nod; we always work together on assignments like these. "Also, I haven't seen where you live now and you haven't told me where either. I'm getting suspicious to be honest," Kayla adds.

Oh boy, now what do I say? Alright Iris, let's come up with an excuse. "Uh, the house is really..messy! Yeah, that's it! They wouldn't want me to bring someone to the house unexpectedly!" I exclaim quickly, swinging my book bag over my shoulder. Before Kayla could reply, I rush out of the room with a quick, "We'll meet up at the park for the assignment!"

When I'm far away, I sigh. I hate lying to Kayla, it feels awful to not tell her the truth. We've always been honest with each other.

Up ahead I see Oliver swarmed by squealing girls. I grab the hoodie of my sweatshirt, throw it over my head and make my way over to them. Oliver is winking and flirting at the girls, I can't help but gag at the sight. How do girls enjoy this? The girls have him swarmed really well, you'd think they were like secret service making sure no one got near the president. There's no way to get through to him. I groan which is not heard over the sound of the girls' squealing.

Y'know what? Screw it! For Narniaaa!!!! I push some girls out of the way and get a hold of Oliver's arm to drag him away. As much as I pull on his arm, he wouldn't budge. "Someone's eager," I hear Oliver tease. I remember Oliver doesn't know it's me. Looking back at him, our eyes meet. His smirk fades and he looks serious as he let me drag him away from the girls.

We hear the girls running after us and we pick up our pace. "Tell your fan club to back off!" I shout at him, swerving around other students in the halls. "Looks like someones jealous that they can't have me to themselves." He teased again, winking at me. "Ugh," I groan and continue running past confused and terrified students. We must sound like a stampede of buffaloes from down the hall. I could be in fourth period as of now but no, I decided to talk to Oliver.

Oliver nudges me and whispers to make a sharp left turn into the open janitors closer, I nod in agreement. Simultaneously, we quickly make a sharp left turn into the dirty closet which is ironic since it's full of cleaning supplies. Oliver closes the door behind us just in time before the girls could see where we went. They seemed to have continued down the hallway.

I pull my hoodie off and look into the janitors closet- oh boy... "Uh...." Oliver turns to see what I'm looking at, apparently we didn't know the janitor was in here. "Can we borrow this room for a few minutes?" Oliver asks him. "We just need to talk about something!" I add quickly before the janitor thinks we're doing anything else. Oliver chuckles, wrapping an arm around my waist. "Stop." I hiss, pulling his arm off of me.

The janitor looks between the two of us, ready to decline when Oliver whispers something in his ear. I couldn't even figure out the look on the janitor's face before he fled the room. "What did you tell him?" I ask, looking at Oliver. "Don't worry about it." He chuckles, shaking his head. I raise an eyebrow but ignore it. "I thought this closet was much bigger..." I mutter, also realizing that Oliver and I didn't have much space to back away from each other. Oliver shrugs, "Don't you have something to tell me."