Ch. 23 Iris and Terrence's 'Date'

IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING AND IM SURE YOU ALL WANNA LIKE COME AND KILL ME AND IM SORRY BUT TAKE THIS CHAPTER INSTEAD!

Ch. 23 Iris and Terrence's 'Date'

••••3rd POV••••

It was only two days later when the Sullivan family had heard about Richard. They had been contacted by his wife that Richard had passed away ischemic heart disease. He had wanted to visit them, knowing that he didn't have much time left.

They didn't go to school that day. After hearing the news, they were all depressed. Ruby was crying most of the day. Oliver ran to his room quickly and still hasn't stepped out all day. Sasha cried and tried to comfort Ruby as much as she could. Even though she hadn't known him for long, Iris was depressed herself and felt sorry for them, also because she didn't like the fact that they had to go through what she did.

She comforted Sasha and Ruby as much as she could. Though as much as she wanted to, she couldn't comfort Oliver. She already tried knocking on his door and asking to talk, texting him, but he never replied. She was scared for what he might be doing in there.

What also sucks? She was supposed to hang out with Terrence today. She had completely forgotten until Kayla texted her two hours before telling her to not embarrass herself and to tell her everything later. Now Iris was panicking and pacing back and forth in her room because she didn't know Terrence's number to reschedule.

                    ••••Iris' POV••••

   I sigh softly and open my window. I stick one leg out and peak my head out, looking up as I grab onto a sturdy part of the roof. I began to pull myself up.

This has gotten easier each time I climb up here with Oliver. This has really became a spot for the both of us where we just talk, hang out, and look at the view of the sky. It's nice that we come up here on a daily basis. I like spending time with him..

I pull myself up completely and gasp at the sight. "Oliver? What are you doing?!" I exclaim, my eyes widening as I stare at him. There was Oliver standing - at the edge of the roof, looking down. "Calm down," he said in a sigh, "If I was gonna jump, I would've done it already." He admits.

I slowly stand and balance myself as Oliver turns to face me. His eyes widen and he hurries over to me as quickly as he could. He puts both his hands on my shoulders. "Iris, be careful. I don't wanna lose anyone else today." He mumbles the last part, lowering the both of us onto the roof so we could sit instead of stand.

"Oliver, I'm more worried about you. You haven't eaten, left your room or spoken to anyone all day." I tell him. "I just wanted to be alone, Iris." He says, looking away at the view. "Do you still want to be alone?" I ask, biting my lip.

He's silent for a while, most likely thinking, then shakes his head. "I just can't believe he's gone...completely." His voice has already started cracking. "We were just starting to get along and he.." Oliver trails off, hiding his face in his hands. "Oliver?" I place a hand on his shoulder, a bit shocked since I've never seen him like this before. He faces me, tears in his eyes. "He's gone, Iris. I'm never gonna see him again." The tears started streaming down his face.

"Oliver, I'm gonna help you get through this, okay? I've been through this as well and I've gotten through it with the help of you and your family so now it's my turn to help you all. You're gonna be oka-" Oliver doesn't even let me finish before he pulls me towards him and tightly hugs me. I hug back quickly, knowing that he's gonna need it.