Ch.6 Tea Parties, Shady Guys, and Ice Cream

Ready for another chapter?

Here we go!!

Ch.6 Tea Parties, Shady Guys, and Ice Cream

I'm reading in my room when there's a knock on my door. "Come in!" I call out to them as I put my book down. The door fully opens and I am greeted by Ms. Sullivan. "Oh hello, is something wrong?" I ask her, concerned. "Oh no, nothing's wrong. It's just that I forgot I was meeting up with a friend today and with Oliver out of the house for now, I need someone to watch Ruby. Do you think you can?" Ms. Sullivan asks. "Oh, well yes I can!" I answer, smiling. "Thank you so much, Iris! This means a lot to me! I'll ask Oliver to come home soon to help you take care of Ruby." Ms.Sullivan tells me.

I shake my head. "No, you don't have to. I can take care of her myself, also, I don't want to disturb him." I say. Cause if I do he'll beat the crap out of me..She smiles at me. "I'm glad you care but, I wouldn't want to leave you alone with Ruby." She says. "Hey!" I hear Ruby exclaim, offended. I laugh a bit and so does Ms.Sullivan. "Well, I'll be off now. Again, thank you so much!" Ms.Sullivan says and starts to leave. "Have fun!" I call out to her. "Thank you, I will!" She calls back and leaves.

Ruby comes up to me. "Want to have a tea party with me and my teddy bears?" Ruby asks me, her eyes wide and full of hope. How can I say no to her? I smile at her. "Can Snuggles come to?" I ask her, playing along. She gasps and smiles excitedly. "The more the merrier!" Ruby exclaims. I laugh a little. "Let me get him." I say. After I grab Snuggles, we go to Ruby's room and I see that she already has everything set up.

"Sit here, Iris! Snuggles can sit right here!" Ruby exclaims, pointing to two seats next to each other. I sit in one and place Snuggles in the other. Ruby takes her seat and pours fake tea into my cup, Snuggles' cup, her teddy bears' cups, and her own cup. Ruby holds up her cup, her pinkie out, and pretends to take a sip. Now all we need are the fake scones. I chuckle silently to myself.  Then Ruby looks at me expectantly. I pick up the cup and pretend to take a sip. Ruby gasps and then smiles.

All of a sudden, we hear the downstairs door being opened then closed. Ruby and I share a terrified look. Then the footsteps begin running up the stairs. Ruby whimpers in fear, runs over to me, and buries her face into my back. I get myself ready mentally and physically. The door slams open from it being kicked open and Oliver runs in. Ruby hasn't looked up from burying her face in my back.

"You scared the poor girl!" I exclaim. His eyes widen for a second and he walks over to us. "Oh no....Ruby, it's just me. Your bro-bro." Oliver says to her in a calming tone, smiling at her. Ruby looks up, a few tears in her eyes and she sniffles. Aww, poor thing. "Oliver?" She says. Oliver nods and wipes her tears. Ruby sniffles again and Oliver picks her up. "Come on Ruby, don't cry. I'll give you all the ice cream you want, I'll even take you to the park." Oliver tells her. I smile at the relationship between the two. Ruby wipes the rest of her tears. "You will?" She asks. "Mhmm." Oliver says, nodding. Ruby smiles at this. Oliver smiles next. "There's the smile I wanted to see." Oliver says to her. Ruby giggles and Oliver puts her down.

Oliver looks at the table, then Ruby, then me. "I guess you two were having a tea party?" He asks. Ruby and I nod. "Well I hope someone brought the scones cause I'm hungry!" Oliver exclaims, sitting in a seat next to me. "Wait! I thought you were taking me to the park?" Ruby asks him. Oliver sighs and looks at her. "Fine, go put on your shoes." Oliver tells her. Ruby smiles and runs to put on her shoes.

Oliver looks at me. "Well howzabout it, nerd? Want to come to the park with us?" Oliver asks me. I roll my eyes at the name. "Sure, I don't have anything else to do anyway." I say, shrugging. "Alright, I'll be waiting outside." Oliver says. Instead of walking out the door like a normal person, he jumps out Ruby's window. My eyes widen and I rush to the window. "Oliver?! Are you alright?!" I call. He may be a jerk but he's still a human...at least, I think so. I hear someone laugh. "Awww, you do care." Oliver says from outside. I roll my eyes. "Ugh, whatever Sullivan." I say and go to put on my sneakers.