Spooky Scary Halloween (Halloween Special)

I wrote this all in two days and I'm proud. So, enjoy this Halloween special!

Spooky, Scary Halloween
Finally, I've been waiting five years for this Halloween! It's finally on a Saturday! Ghouls and goblins on every corner you turn. Well, I haven't really seen since I'm still waiting to actually leave. I'm going as genderbent Finn from Adventure Time, her name is Fiona! Ruby is still putting on her costume to go trick or treating. What? Just because I'm sixteen doesn't mean I should stop celebrating Halloween!

Sasha walks over to me, smiling. "You look adorable, Iris! Also thanks again for taking Ruby, she's excited to go trick or treating with you." Ms. Sullivan says. "I'm excited to go trick or treating with her too. Also, thank you." I say, smiling. She nods, still smiling a bit.

We hear an argument coming from upstairs. "Ruby, I said I didn't want to dress up." Oliver says. "Please Oliver! You said you would go with us!" I hear Ruby exclaim. "Yeah, not dressed up though." Oliver says. "Please..." Ruby says. "No, stop that, you know I can't say no to that face." Oliver suddenly says. I raise an eyebrow, curious. We hear Oliver struggling to say no. "Ugh, fine." Oliver says. "Yay! Come on, lets go!" Ruby cheers, dragging Oliver downstairs.

Oliver sighs as he reaches the bottom of the stairs. Our eyes meet and widen simultaneously. "Marshall Lee." I say, smiling. Oliver doesn't respond until Ruby nudges him. "You two are from the same show! Say the line, say the line!" Ruby exclaims as she nudges him. Oliver sighs. "Oh, hey Fiona." Oliver says, showing off his fake fangs. Ms. Sullivan chuckles. "I didn't know you both watched the same show." Ms. Sullivan says. Then she gasps. "I need a photo!" Ms. Sullivan exclaims and runs off to get her phone.

Oliver looks over at me again. "So, why did you go as Fiona? You could've went as Princess Bubblegum or Marceline." Oliver asks. I shrug. "I've always loved genderbent Adventure Time. Why'd you go as Marshall Lee?" I ask, smirking. "Okay. One, I didn't know you were going as Fiona. Two, I was debating between Marshall Lee or Ticci Toby but Ruby was afraid of my Toby cosplay. Also, I love Adventure Time." Oliver says, smiling at the end.

Ms. Sullivan returns, camera in hand with a smile on her face. "Everyone together." Ms. Sullivan exclaims. I get on one side of Ruby while Oliver is on the other side. "Get closer you two, Oliver put your arm around Iris." Ms. Sullivan says, the camera facing us and her gesturing us to get closer to each other. We take a step closer to each other but we're not as close as she wants us to be. She sighs and walks over. She gently shoves us until we're shoulder and shoulder. Then she takes Oliver's arm and puts it around my shoulder. Of course, I tense up and my face flushes and I take a glance at Oliver, he looks uncomfortable. "Perfect!" Ms. Sullivan exclaims and goes back to where she was before. Click! Immediately, Oliver removes his arm and we both step away from each other. "Alright, have fun and be safe." Ms. Sullivan says, kissing their foreheads and giving me a quick hug. We say goodbye and begin going door to door for free candy.

We stop at this one house, the person who enters the door looks to be in their 20's. "Aww, you're an adorable fairy!" She looks up at us, "Oh, genderbent Adventure Time! That's an amazing couple idea!" She exclaims, smiling as she puts candy in our bags. My face turns red. "We're not-" I'm cut off by Oliver, "-thank you, we're glad you like it. Happy Halloween!" Oliver says and we walk away. I look at him, confused and surprised. "Don't start talking with people, we're only here for candy." Oliver says, avoiding eye contact.

***********************************
Ruby yawns. "Are you tired?" Oliver asks, looking down at her. Ruby nods. "Lets bring her back home before we meet up with the others." I say. Oliver nods and picks up Ruby. We're all silent on the way back to the house.

Once we get there, I knock on the door since Oliver's hands are full. Ms. Sullivan opens the door and smiles when she sees it's us. "I'll take Ruby from here." Ms. Sullivan says. Oliver shakes his head. "I'll tuck her in." Oliver says and walks inside, me following after him. I don't follow them upstairs and then Ruby stops him. "Can both you and Iris tuck me in?" She asks. Oliver looks back at me and I nod. He smiles and we both head upstairs to Ruby's room.

Oliver lies her down in bed and then turns around as I help Ruby out of her costume and into her pajamas. When we finish, we tell Oliver he can turn around again and he does. We both grab one side of the blanket and tuck Ruby in. Oliver leans down and kisses her forehead. "I'll wait for you downstairs." Oliver whispers to me and walks downstairs.

"Goodnight Ruby." I say, smiling. "You should get Oliver to kiss your forehead too." Ruby says, giggling a bit. I shake my head, my face a bit red. "I don't think so.." I say and give her a quick hug before walking downstairs where Oliver is waiting.

He's leaning on the door as I'm walking down. "Alright, lets go." Oliver says and stands up straight, opening the door for me to go out first. He follows right after me. Now we meet up with Kayla, Adam, Lucas, and Ross in a further neighborhood.

**********************************
Oliver and I step out of his car. We both walked to our meet up spot in silence. "Iris!" I hear Kayla yell from a distance. I look up in time to be forced into a hug by a Mikasa Ackerman from Attack on Titan. "Hello to you too, Kayla." I say, hugging back and smiling. "Oliver, you and Iris are both cosplaying genderbent Adventure Time. Was this planned?" Ross asks him, his smirk visible in his skeleton costume. Adam and Lucas snicker. Kayla pulls away from me to examine our costumes. "Aww, I think it's adorable." Kayla says, smiling. "You two even showed up at the same time." Lucas points out. Oliver and I share a glance, eyes wide. "I didn't even know she watched Adventure Time, or knew about the genderbent version." Oliver says, gesturing to me. "I thought you didn't know about it either. Plus, I was dropped off and Oliver was already walking here so we ended up coming over here together." I say, trying to play it cool. The guys chuckle. "Whatever you say.." Ross says. "Alright enough talk, I want candy!" Adam exclaims. Oliver chuckles. "Lets go then." Oliver says. We all walk to the first house we see.

The person who opens the door is a male who looks about 19. "Wow, awesome costume guys." He says, handing us candy one by one. He looks at Lucas. "Deadpool, huh." He says and Lucas smirks. "Two spooky scary skeletons." He says and Adam and Ross pose dramatically, making us all laugh. "Mikasa Ackerman, what are you doing here?" He asks jokingly. "Looking for titans." She responds, chuckling.

He stops at me. I smile a bit. I bet we seem to old to go trick or treating but it's still fun and I want free candy. "Wow, Fiona huh?" He says. "Yep." I say, smiling politely. "I think it suits you, you look really pretty as Fiona." He says, smirking. My face turns red and I look down to avoid eye contact. I don't really want to know the others reactions since I'm embarrassed. The guy lifts my chin, forcing me to stare at him. "Don't be shy around me, babe." He says, looking me in the eye. Someone clears their throats behind me, I realize it's Oliver. The guy looks behind me to see Oliver and glares. "Of course, you have a boyfriend." He sighs, "Happy Halloween, you guys." He says before slamming the door in our face. "I just wanted candy.." Oliver says and then groans, walking away. We all follow after him quickly. I try to forget what just happened.

***********************************
Lucas yawns. "Maybe we should go. Lucas is tired and no one is really handing out candy anymore." Adam says. "Yeah, I agree. Does anyone need a ride?" Kayla asks us. Ross and Lucas shake their heads. Adam is already going with Kayla. "I have my own car." Oliver says. "Right. Well, what about you Iris?" She asks me. "N-no, I'm getting picked up." I say. Kayla nods. We all say our goodbyes.

When the others are far away, I follow Oliver to his car. "That was so fun!" I exclaim. "Yeah, we should all do this again next year." Oliver agrees, smiling a bit. We get into the car and put on our seatbelts before Oliver begins to drive back to his house. I glance at Oliver. "Thanks for before." I say. He glances at me. "What are you talking  about?" He asks, confused. "Back at the house, the one where the guy flirted with me. You stopped him, thank you." I say, smiling a bit. "I just wanted candy but he was too focused on you so I thought I could get him out of his trance. I only made it worse causing him to go inside." Oliver says, sighing. I fiddle with my wig, my smile fading. "Right...sorry." I say. It's silent after that.

••••••••••••••Oliver's POV••••••••••••
   I glance at nerd again. Just be glad I didn't go overboard with the boyfriend thing. I sigh aloud. Candy wasn't the only reason I stopped the guy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HAPPY HALLOWEENIE! I hope you all had a great Halloween (if you celebrate it)! I know I did! I got free candy, cosplayed as Mikasa Ackerman, and got to spend Halloween with two of my best friends. Anyway, if you enjoyed this chapter please like, comment, and leave feedback! Bye bye💖

~FT