Ch.18

Hey guys! Sorry I didn't update recently, I'm trying to update more especially because my summer break starts tomorrow. Yay for me, right? Lmao. By the way, this is a filler chapter but it's still interesting. Anyway, enjoy! (Sorry no title)

Ch.18

               •••••Oliver's POV•••••

    Iris groans once again, sitting on her bed surrounded by books. I'm just casually sitting on her bedroom floor watching her. "Iris, stop pushing yourself so much, get some rest." I tell her, frowning.

"I can't. I have so much work to do and its all due tomorrow." She replies, writing answers on her paper. "Then don't go to school tomorrow-" She coughs harshly, "See? You're even sick. Get some rest." I demand now, standing up and pushing her books away.

"No Oliver, stop! I need to finish!" She exclaims and now its my turn to groan. "Iris.." I whine. "Oliver.." She whines in retaliation.

"What if I do the work for you?" I offer, sitting on her bed beside her. "I wish, but they're going to realize the difference in our handwriting." She says, frowning. "Gosh, I hate school." She complains, roughly hitting her head on my shoulder causing her to wince and rub her head. "Iris, don't do that." I shake my head and gently grab her head and place a kiss on her forehead.

I smile down at her, her face turning red, then I realize what I did. Oh, nice going.... "Oh god.." I pull my hands away, "Sorry, I do that when Ruby hits her head or has a headache." I apologize, knowing that my face is red too. "I-its okay.." She says barely a whisper, smiling up at me, her face still red which was adorable in my eyes.

I quickly say something else to keep the conversation going. "Why don't you at least take a break?" I ask, smiling. "I wish I could but-"

I roll my eyes, "Nope. No buts. You need a break. You've been working almost all day." I argue. "Oliver, I can't- what are you doing?! Stop!" She then giggles as I pick her up and throw her over my shoulder.

"No! Oliver, put me down!" She tries to push me away, though she's laughing and sometimes coughing. "What? What's that? I'm going deaf in that ear." I grin, laughing.

"Put me down!" She shouts in my other ear. "Now I'm just ignoring you." I smirk, knowing it'll piss her off. She groans annoyed.

I pass my mom in the hallway as I carry Iris to the stairs. "Ms. Sullivan, help me!" Iris calls out to my mom for help. I shake my head at my mom and she chuckles, "I think Oliver's going to handle this well. Good luck," My mom says and walks into her room.

"No, come back!" Iris shouts at her and groans when the door closes. "Thanks mom!" I call out to my mom and begin walking downstairs. "Why do I even try?" I hear Iris mutter, sighing softly. "Yeah, I ask myself that sometimes too." I chuckle, continuing to walk downstairs. "Har har, you're hilarious." Iris responds sarcastically. "I know." I reply arrogantly.

We get to the living room and I set Iris down on the couch gently..which she then tries to run away but I'm able to grab her hips and pull her into my chest.

"Oliver..come on..." She whines but can't help but laugh. "You're enjoying this." I smirk. "Pfft..sure." She says and after a minute of me smirking and purposely breathing down her neck, she gives in, "Alright. So what if I am?" She giggles, not even trying to get away anymore.

"I'm trying to play with my dollies, go to a different room." We hear Ruby, who we didn't realize was in the room, say causing us to jump a bit and look at her. She just basically told us to get a room in the most innocent way I've ever heard..wow..