Ch. 12 Pinkie Promises are Sacred

Thank you all so much for the reads! I really appreciate it. Also, I haven't been mentioning Iris' new bunny which I feel bad about. It's just that he wasn't originally apart of this story and I added him in last minute during the Valentine's Day Special, and many of the chapters were already written before then. But he'll be mentioned from now on.

Oh, by the way, I'll say this without giving away spoilers to this chapter: ANY REFERENCES OR SONG LYRICS ARE NOT MINE! THEY DONT BELONG TO ME, OKAY? OKAY. (OMG I JUST MADE A FIOS REFERENCE BY ACCIDENT, THAT WASN'T ON PURPOSE)

Ch. 12 Pinkie Promises are Sacred

•••••Iris' POV•••••

Stop it.

Stop crying.

Wipe your eyes.

Someone will hear.

Stop!

I finally wipe my eyes, sniffling quietly. Glancing at the clock, it reads 12:56 am. I haven't been able to sleep. So when I can't sleep, I think. And we all know how this will end.

Everyone in the Sullivan house is asleep, which is a good thing. I wouldn't want them to hear me crying. Sometimes we just need to let it all out though, don't you agree? I probably got snot and tear stains all over my pajamas. Thankfully, they're not my Stitch onesies, those are way too precious for me to dirty.

I walk over to Thumper's cage quietly, careful to not make the floor creak. He's just sitting there, staring at me. It's kinda creepy but adorable!

I hope you like the name I gave him. You just gotta love Bambi. I recently watched it with Ruby and Oliver and at the time, he didn't have a name. We were still debating what name to give him. Ruby suggested Thumper and I think it fit well. Oliver and Ruby help me take care of him, they really love him too. So does Ms. Sullivan, she let Oliver get me a bunny which I thanked her multiple times about, and Oliver too.

A few tears that were still welled in my eyes rolled down my cheeks. I sigh softly, petting Thumper through the cage.

This has been going on for a while, every night I'd cry, sometimes I'd cry myself to sleep. I would talk to someone, but I rather not...especially Kayla. Don't get me wrong, I love her, but sometimes I feel like I'm just a bother. Or a loose strand of hair that never falls....I get cringey at night too.

That's besides the point though.

I could probably talk to Ms. Sullivan about it...nevermind, it'll be awkward. I just need someone to talk to. Someone who understands me. Someone who has been in a similar situation. Someone who I'll be comfortable talking to. Someone who will be able to cheer me up with ice cream and corny jokes.

"Psst.."

Someone who can make me laugh. Someone who brights up the world when it's colors are fading...woah, that was more cringey than the last one.

Someone taps my shoulder and before I could yell "MURDERER", I meet with a pair of familiar hazel eyes.

"Oliver? What the hell are you doing here?" I whisper, wiping my eyes more before he could notice. Although, they're probably red and still a bit teary.

He's in his pajamas..and by that I mean some boxers with a sweatshirt that he probably threw on just before.

"I heard you crying and well..." He holds something up in front of me. Do my eyes deceive me?! I rub my eyes to make sure. It's actually real. Oliver holds a tub of cookie dough ice cream in front of my face. He smiles when seeing my face light up.