Jack Grazer x Reader

Jaeden was your best friend, until he started filming It. He would always cancel plans, with the same excuse. 'I'm busy with the movie'.

There was no way that he could constantly be so busy with filming, he had to be ditching you for someone else.

Your suspicions were confirmed when you saw a picture he was tagged in. It was him and Sophia bowling. Why couldn't he just tell you he didn't want to hang out with you anymore?

The day had started, but it wasn't much of one. You had laid in bed all day, feeling miserable about Jaeden. Why did he ditch you? How much better is Sophia?

Suddenly your phone rang. You looked at the caller ID, and Jack was calling.

"Hello?" you answered.

"Hey y/n. I was wondering if you want to hang out today? I haven't seen you as much lately" he asked.

"Sure! Where do you want to go?"

"Want to go get ice cream then to a park?" he asked.

"Sure! I can be ready at 1:30" you told him.

"That's perfect! I'll see you soon"

"Bye!" You ended the call. Finally, something for you to take your mind off of Jaeden.

You got ready, which surprisingly didn't take you long. You were gathering the contents of your purse when there was a knock on the front door.

You ran down the stairs and to the door to greet Jack.

"Hi!" you said.

"Hey. You ready?" he asked. You nodded, and locked the door.

"So there's a new ice cream place two blocks away, or the usual one, four blocks away" he told you.

"I guess we could try the new one" you said.

"That sounds good" he smiled at you.

The walk to the ice cream shop was quiet. You had Jaeden on your mind, and Jack was just quiet today. No matter what you did, you couldn't stop thinking about him.

"We're here!" Jack exclaimed. You had reached a small store on the corner.

"What do you want?" Jack asked you.

"Umm, I think I'll get rocky road" you told him.

"You like rocky road? I always imagined you as more of a mint chocolate kind of person" Jack laughed.

"Nope. In fact, I strongly dislike mint chocolate" you stated.

"I can help the next person in line" The cashier called out. You moved up and Jack ordered.

"Hi, I'll have a rocky road and a cookie dough please" Jack ordered.

"That'll be $8.00" the cashier said. You went to pull out your wallet, but Jack stopped you.

"This is on me" he told you.

"Oh, are we on a date now?" You asked jokingly.

"I don't know, do you want to be?" He asked, sounding serious.

"Umm, I don't know" you said nervously. Why did you get so nervous? It's just Jack.

The cashier handed the cones to you, and Jack led you to a seat.

"So how have you been lately?" Jack asked.

"I've been better" you shrugged.

"What's wrong?"