Finn x reader

The hotel your family picked was exquisite. It had marble floors, and glistening chandeliers in the lobby. This has to be the most beautiful thing you've seen.

Wait. Scratch that.

There's a boy sitting at a table in the restaurant; his curly hair falling in his eyes.

You could see that he had freckles that dance across his nose, and his eyes like hot chocolate. Warm, and inviting.

"Y/n!" Your mom shakes your arm.

"Sorry. What?" You asked, taking your eyes off the boy.

"You have to grab your suitcase. Dad is checking in." She said, heaving two suitcases along.

You grabbed the handle of your suitcase, and followed your mom.

"We're in room 512, floor 5" Your dad told you, holding up three cards.

"Great! I heard the pool's on the third floor." Your mom smiled.

Your dad took his suitcase, and lead you to the elevator.

"After we get settled, you want to get something to eat and check out the pool?" Your dad asked.

"Yeah, that sounds good" You nodded.

The elevator dinged, and your parents walked out. Since your room number is 512, it was one of the first few doors.

Your dad opened the door to reveal a room with beautiful beds. The beds had white sheets, matched with white chairs. There was a tv mounted on the wall, and underneath was a dresser. The bathroom was small, but had a decent shower.

"If you want y/n, you can check out the pool while we unpack a little. Well meet you down in 15 minutes." Your mom said, grabbing a room key to give to you.

"Sure. Do you know if you'll be exactly 15 minutes?" You asked.

"At least. We might be more though" She spoke.

"Alrighty" You opened the door, and stepped into the hallway.

As you stepped into the elevator, your hand hesitated on the '3'. Instead, you pressed the button for the lobby. Maybe you could see that boy again.

The elevator cake to a stop, and you walked out in the direction of the restaurant.

Before walking in, you looked in the windows to see. You walked past the table he was at, and he was gone.

"FINN!" A voice yelled, moments before a body crashed into yours.

You fell onto the ground with the boy still on top of you.

"God damn it, Finn. I told you to watch out! How dumb can you be to crash into her?" A boy yelled. You looked up and saw the boy from the restaurant.

"S-sorry about that. I wasn't watching where I was running" He said, standing up.

"It's fine. I wasn't paying attention" You smiled at him.

"I'm Finn" He stuck out his hand.

"Y/n" You shook his hand.

"Come on Finn, my parents are probably wondering where we are" The other boy said.

"Well, I got to go. How long are you staying here for?" Finn asked.

"I'm staying for a week" You told him.

"Perfect! We're leaving in a few days" He smiled, turning to the other boy.

"I'll see you around?" You yelled.

"Definitely" He called back.

~~Time Skip~~

Two days had passed, and you had not seen Finn. You made sure to check the restaurant, the pool and the lobby. He wasn't anywhere.

You were sure that Finn had left, so you were walking back to the elevator. Just before the door closed, Finn ran in.

"Hey!" He smiled.

"I thought you were gone!" You exclaimed.

"Nah. But I'm only here for another two days" He frowned.

"That's fine! That's lots of time to do stuff" You reassured him.

The elevator stopped, as it was on your floor.

"Meet me at the pool at 8" You said, walking down the hallway.

The elevator doors closed, stopping you from seeing the huge grin that stuck itself on Finn's face.

Time passed, and minutes felt like hours. You counted down until 7:50, the time you left for the pool.

"Is it cool if I go down to the pool for a bit? I have my card, I'll be back in an hour" You asked your mom, who was standing on the balcony.

"Sure honey. Be safe, don't talk to strangers" She smiled, taking a puff of her cigarette.

"See you later!" You walked to the door, butterflies in your stomach.

The hallway had never felt longer, and the elevator ride was hours rather than minutes.

At last, the doors had opened and you were met with a hallway that smelt like chlorine.

You followed the hallway to a clear door with a pool behind it.

You checked your phone.

7:57

Only a few minutes left.

You opened the door, and your nose was filled with the smell of pool. Only two kids were in the pool, splashing around.

The chairs by the pool were vacant, so you sat down at the closest one.

As you were sitting down, the door opened. Footsteps were coming closer to you, and when you looked up your eyes met Finn's.

"Hey" He smiled, sitting down beside you.

"You came" You returned the smile.

"How could I not?" He laughed, that sound making your heart flutter.

"So what do we do?" You asked him, feeling worried.

"About what?" He responded.

"We're both in a hotel. You're here for two more days" You stated.

"I live a few towns over" Finn told you.

"I live two cities to the east" You spoke.

"I live to the south!" He exclaimed.

"Why are you so happy?" You wondered.

"Because we live closer to each other than I thought!" He said happily.

"I guess we do" You replied.

"My family travels a lot, so maybe we'll stop by your city" He added.

"Yeah! I live in y/c!" You beamed.

"Our camp is just south of there, I can visit in the summer" He smiled again.

"This is perfect"

"Definitely" You hummed.

The two of you sat there, not speaking. It was nice to be in each other's presence. The kids in the pool had left, so the only sound was the water splashing the sides of the pool.

"Finn?" A boy called out from the door.

"I took a nap and your mom said you were here" He said, walking closer.

"Yeah, we're over here" Finn yelled to him.

"Im Jack" He stuck out his hand.

"Y/n" His hand was cold and sweaty.

"So you're the girl Finn's been gushing about?" He smirked.

"JACKKK!"

A/N: So 1. Y/c means 'your city'

2. What days would you like me to upload Get Away? I'd probably upload once or twice a week, so are there any days that work best for you guys?