Steve Harrington x reader

You stood at a party, scanning the crowd to find the friends that dragged you there. Of course, they're nowhere to be seen.

You walk to the bathroom, trying to find an escape from the drunk teenagers. As you approached the closed bathroom door, it opened and Steve Harrington stomped out, slamming the door behind him.

You stood there for a moment, thinking about what you should do. Run after Steve even though you hardly know him, or see if anyone was in the bathroom.

You opted for the first choice, and took off through the crowd again. You saw the front door open and slam shut, a good indicator that Steve just left.

Your feet quickened in pace as you slipped out the door into the cool air. Steve was walking towards his car with his fists clenched.

"Steve?" You called out, hoping for him to stop.

He stopped walking, and turned around.

"What? Here to tell me more about how i'm bullshit?" He asked.

"No. Are you okay? Do you need someone to talk to?" You offered.

"I'm the complete opposite of fine, but you don't know me, so why do you care?" His voice cracked as he yelled back to you.

You took a few steps closer, getting a better look at the heartbroken expression on his face.

"Well I want to know you, does that count for anything?" You were know about 10 feet in front of him.

"You know what, just go back to the party" He turned around and began walking to his car again.

"Wait! Is it something to do with Nancy?" You asked while jogging behind him.

That stopped him again. He turned around with a softer face.

"She got drunk and started calling me bullshit. And you know what? Drunk words are sober thoughts, isn't that what they say?" His voice went quiet at the end.

"You deserve so much better, Steve. You aren't bullshit. I mean, you were kind of an ass last year but you've changed and I could see you trying to be good to Nancy but she obviously can't see that. She's the one who's bullshit, not you" You spoke with meaning.

Steve stood there for a moment, staring at the ground.

"You think so?" His eyebrows were furrowed in confusion but his eyes showed that he believed you.

"I know so" You smiled at him.

"I gotta get going, you want a ride home?" He asked with a completely different tone. It was lighter and less tense.

"Sure. My friends were supposed to take me home, but they're probably fucking some random dudes in a bedroom right now" You laughed.

Steve chuckled quietly before walking to the drivers side of the car. You walked forwards and got in the passenger seat, feeling pleased with yourself.

"So where's your house?" Steve asked.

"140 maple street" You told him.

"Maple? Nancy lives down there" Steve's face dropped as he started the car and begun to drive.

"Really? I've never seen her" You said.

"Yeah, but her annoying as shit brother lives there too" He smiled softly.

"Mike? Yeah, I see him riding his bike sometimes" You shrugged.

Steve took a sharp turn and you saw that you were on your street.

"Thanks for the ride home" You smiled at him.

"Uh yeah, no problem" He smiled back as he turned into your driveway.

"See you on Monday!" You waved through the car window and began to walk to the door.

"Wait! Wanna hang out sometime again?" He asked.

"Sure! Is tomorrow good?" You leaned down to see him through the window.

"Y-yeah! I'll pick you up at noon?" His face lit up like a Christmas tree.

"Okay! Bye, Steve" You waved at him as he pulled out of the driveway.

A/N: NO HATE ON NANCY! It was all just for this plot!