Caleb x reader

You sat in your desk, tapping your fingers nervously against the sides.

Yesterday your homeroom teacher said that she had a surprise for the class. You were extremely anxious to know.

She walked into the room with a bag in her hands.

"So I thought, 'What should I do this year to make homeroom fun?' Secret Santa!" She smiled.

There were a few groans from students.

"So everyone take out a piece of paper and write your name and some interests. Limit is $20" She said.

"When you're done, put the paper in this bowl, then we'll choose!" She pulled a bowl out of the bag she was carrying.

You softly groaned and took out a piece of paper and a pencil. You wrote your name and quite a few interests to give them some variety.

You got up and plopped your paper in the bowl, and walked back to your seat.

No one else had a piece of paper on their desk anymore.

"Alright! Time to choose!" She grinned and picked up the bowl with all of the names.

She began to walk by the desks, your heart beating faster as she got closer.

What if you got someone you don't know? Or like? What if you get Caleb?

She appeared in front of your desk with the bowl in her hand.

You drew in a shaky breath and grabbed a folded up piece of paper.

She walked to the next desk, leaving you to find out who you are buying a gift for.

Caleb McLaughlin

Star Wars
Basketball
Singing

While reading that, your heart stopped. You got Caleb!

You looked over at him and he was picking a piece of paper. When he read his, he grinned and punched the air.

Guess he didn't get you.

"Oh! I completely forgot, we'll exchange gifts on December twenty first. For the rest of the period we'll work on our stories" The teacher announced.

When the bell rung signalling the end of the day, you breathed a sigh of relief and ran to your bus.

All the way home your mind was racing. What would you get him? Did he put Star Wars at the top because he likes it the most? What if he already has it?

Soon enough the bus pulled up to your stop and you ran home.

"Mom! We're doing secret santa in homeroom and I got Caleb" You burst into the kitchen where your mom was cooking.

"Wow! Secret santa! So what are you going to get him?" She asked with a grin on her face.

"Probably something Star Wars. I have to get it by the twenty first" You told her. You unzipped your bag and took out your binder.

"Should we go shopping this weekend?" Your mom asked.

"Yeah, that sounds good" You told her before walking to your room to do homework.

-time skip to the weekend-

Your mom parked the car in Walmart's parking lot.

"What's the spending limit?" She asked while grabbing her purse.

"Twenty dollars" You told her.

"Here's thirty, I'll be in the clothes. Find me when you're done" She handed you some bills and exited the car.