7.8 Arya Stark

Caine saw Arabella place her child in her crib and place a blanket over her to keep Ellyn warm

Caine saw Arabella place her child in her crib and place a blanket over her to keep Ellyn warm. "It's been some time..." Caine started and Arabella glanced at him with a corner of her eye.

Her hands were resting on the crib as she watched her baby girl fall asleep. Arabella loved her so much, but seeing her, she also saw Jon. It was hard to love Jon when he didn't even acknowledge the birth of their daughter. "It has," she sighed and walked over to the table. She sat down and took a sheet of paper, a feather and dipped it into ink.

"What are you doing?" Caine questioned her as Arabella started writing her name. It's been a time she wrote to anyone, and missed the ink pressing itself on paper.

"Writing," she answered calmly then started writing a letter to Jon. The words in it were quite harsh, and she didn't want to send it to Jon, but that's what she was thinking, and that's what was needed to be done.

Caine didn't try to peak as he walked over to Ellyn's crib before smiling slightly. "Apart having Snow's eyes and nose, she has your cheekbones."

"She's a baby, Caine. All babies look quite the same," Arabella answered with a serious face then glanced at him angrily. "Do not wake her up. Do you know how hard it is to make her fall asleep? It feels like she is waiting for someone."

"For the father, probably," Caine mused dully then sighed. "When do you think he's coming back?" he asked curiously.

Arabella paused as she stared ahead of her. It was a burning question that she wanted to know the answer to. "I don't know," she finally answered and finished the letter. It was short, but that's what Jon deserved.

The Princess of Westeros stood up, rolled the paper and looked at Caine. "I'll send it myself," she answered and he raised his eyebrow. "Stay here with Ellyn, make sure she's alright."

"Of course," Caine nodded with a smile so she left the room, the trail of her dress brushing the floor as she walked outside.

Brienne was there, with her squire Podrick. Arabella nodded curtly and walked past. "Lady Arabella," Brienne called after so Bella sighed and stopped before facing the woman with a put on smile. "I heard about your daughter. Congratulations."

"Thank you, Lady Brienne. I don't know how much Jon feels the same, but thank you," she said causing Brienne to furrow her eyebrows then realize what Bella meant. "If you excuse me, I have to send this."

After sending the letter away with a raven, Arabella decided to go to the catacombs to pay respect to Lord Eddard that she still missed so much everyday.

She looked up at a statue, built for him and smiled slightly. "I miss you, Lord Stark," she whispered, remembering the noble lord. "I wish Robb would be here too. I miss him a lot. His eyes, his charm, his wit. How I was his Queen..."

Arabella heard a noise and snapped her head to see Arya Stark stare at her with wide eyes. The Stark girl was grown up from the last time Arabella saw her, and much more built up. "Arya?" Arabella questioned with shocked eyes.

"I miss him too," Arya spoke calmly and Arabella looked behind the girl. "Sansa doesn't know yet."

Arabella approached Arya closer and smiled. "You're alive," she said and Arya raised her eyebrow. "Gods, you are alive! I was looking for you back in Kings Landing. Trying to make you go with me, but--"

"But I was gone, I know," Arya cut her off as she tilted her head. "I'm quite surprised to see you here."

Arabella just sighed looking down for a second. "A lot of things happened to the both of us, I suppose," she commented as Arya stood in front of her father's monument.

"I heard. You were the Queen of the North, until Robb was murdered at a wedding," Arya said eyeing Arabella. "I saw how they took you out of the Twins, how you were crying, screaming. That was when I crossed you out of my list."

"List?" Arabella questioned but Arya just smiled to her slightly. "I suppose I don't want to know, do I?" she asked and Arya nodded.

Arabella had no idea what was wrong with the siblings. First Bran, and then Arya, knowing specific things about Robb's death. "He was my one true love," Arabella then said silently. "But he died, and I lived. You see, I was pregnant with Robb's child, who died while I was giving birth."

"And now you have Jon's child," Arya cut her off once again. Arabella stared at her with wide eyes. "It's surprising what an old friend, working at a crossroad can tell you."

Arabella smiled then they heard Sansa's steps. The ginger girl stopped as she saw Arya. "I will leave you two alone," Arabella touched Arya's shoulder. "Jon will be glad to hear you are home, Arya."

She then left the crypts and came back to her room to see Caine rocking Ellyn. "What happened?" Arabella quickly approached her daughter.

"She just woke up and started crying... I picked her up," he explained then smiled to Ellyn. "Here's your mother."

Caine handed Ellyn to Arabella and she smiled. "I met Arya Stark. She's back in Winterfell," Arabella said and Caine widened his eyes.

"Three Starks are back," Caine smiled as Arabella kissed Ellyn's head. "The North is in safe hands."

"Indeed," Arabella answered as she thought of Jon, and what he was doing.

Vote, read, comment.