7.10 Escape This

It was dark as Arabella breathed out

It was dark as Arabella breathed out. She held Ellyn in her arms, murmuring an old song she remembered from her childhood, when Caine walked in and saw the view.

"What is the meaning of this?" Caine questioned curiously as he saw stuff, packed for journey. Ellyn was wearing warm clothes as well as Arabella. "Where are we going?"

"Caine..." Arabella started with a calm face as he raised his eyebrow. "I'm leaving."

"What?!" Caine grimaced approaching a woman he loved, wanted to die. "What are you talking about? Where?"

"I know you hate my uncle and mother just as much as I, but..." she paused then sighed. "I'm going back to Kings Landing."

Caine laughed but it wasn't amusing for Arabella. He lost his smile and shook his head. "No, you are staying here, where you're safe and loved--"

"That is my point, Caine," she answered as Ellyn looked at the Tyrell and extended her arms. Arabella hated how the girl was picking up on Caine as her papa. Jon was her real father and that's how it was supposed to be. "I don't know what I feel, how I feel. I need to get out, because I'm hurt and I need Jon, I need him so fucking much that I can't... I can't do this anymore."

"Alright, but Kings Landing?" Caine asked her angrily. "Jon isn't there, Bella. He's in Dragonstone!"

Arabella shushed him as she rocked Ellyn, who played with Bella's hair, and looked at Caine pleadingly. "I'm not asking for you to come with me. I have a man, who'll take me there already. I just need to get out."

"Are you even thinking?!" Caine shouted as he stared at her in bewilderment. "You want to come back to your mother, who'd rather have you dead."

"No," Arabella shook her head as she thought of Tommen and Myrcella. "I am her last living child. As much as cold she has gotten, she won't do anything to me. Even if our last conversation ended badly. Cersei cared about her children the most. And I am her daughter."

"What do you want with your mother? What is going on, Arabella, because you are leaving me in confusion," Caine told her, seeing not his friend, but a woman, full of hurt and detachment.

Arabella looked at him and placed Ellyn on the bed looking at Caine once again. "I want to stop feeling for a moment. I want to be me again. I want to be who I was when father was alive, when I married Robb, when I met Jon... I am going, and I am taking Ellyn with me."

"I won't let you," Caine shook his head and Arabella scoffed silently. "Does Sansa know? She will think you are a traitor for going to your mother!"

Arabella hesitated to answer. "Then I will lose a friend," she finally said and Caine gaped at her.

"Bella, who is this dark woman I'm seeing? You are not you!" Caine shouted angrily, and even hurt as she glanced at him coldly.

"I've been hurt, and you haven't seen that look on me," she answered then a man walked in. "Take these," she ordered, pointing to the luggage she had.

"Please, Bella, think this through! Ellyn is Jon's heir to the North! Your mother will kill you and her," Caine snapped as Arabella turned to him coldly. "I'm going with you. Fine. Let's go to that stinking shit hole to see your beloved uncle and mother again!"

Another man walked in and Arabella closed her eyes. "Is that why you betrayed me?" Arabella asked him and Caine's face fell.

"What?" he asked calmly and Arabella started to cry openly. "What... What are you talking about?"

"I know it's been you, who took Jon's sent letters away, so I wouldn't see them," she said then walked over to a drawer before taking out about 50 letters, all meant for Arabella.

Caine stared at her with shocked eyes. "I read them all, I saw that Jon never forgot about me. How could you do this to me, Caine?" she whispered crying.

The last Tyrell looked down, then let out a tear, leaving Arabella to slap him across the face. "I loved you! You were my only friend, and we've been through hell. And you still betrayed me. Why?"

"I love you," he whispered and Arabella calmed herself down.

"I had my men spy on whoever takes the letters. You went there every day," Arabella whispered coldly as the man that walked in took Caine.

Sansa and Arya both walked in as they looked at Arabella. The Stark girls knew she was leaving and eventually agreed. "All because you hated seeing me happy with Jon. Well, you succeeded at breaking us apart for a while. Until I figured something was wrong with you."

"Bella, please, I just wanted to be with you!" Caine tried to free himself from the man's hold, but couldn't. "I love you! And I love Ellyn!"

Arabella just shook her head. "What a fool I've been," she said with a shaky breath. "I really, I genuinely believed you are the most amazing human being in the world. But you're a Tyrell. Your grandmother poisoned my brother, but that is not the point. I could care less about Joffrey, but you, your sister, even your brother! You, Tyrell's, are all the same. Playing mind games to everyone! Was it satisfying seeing me hurt? Seeing me broken down because the man that I love didn't even bother coming back?"

Caine just continued staring down. "Did you know what he write me? That I am his world's light, and he apologizes for not coming back to see our daughter," she started to cry again then punched Caine in the chest. "LOOK AT ME! Coward! You betrayed me, Caine Tyrell, and I was betrayed too many times to forgive you."

"So, you'll kill me?" Caine asked as he raised his head up, a look of pure hatred written on his face.

Arabella glanced at the Stark girls, who both had different expressions. "You helped me go to the Wall," Bella mused as she held her head high. "For that, I will always be thankful. But from this day, until your last, you will rot in Winterfell's cell, forgotten and alone."

"No, no," Caine argued as Arabella nodded to the man, who started taking him out. "No! I will not! Bella, I love you!"

Arabella looked at her daughter as she didn't want to see Caine ever again. He betrayed her and she was done forgiving people.

Vote, read, comment.