8.12 No Rest For The Wicked

Arabella heard the wights above the walls of the crypt

Arabella heard the wights above the walls of the crypt. They were winning. They had either beaten the alive or the once alive were already turned into wights.

Jon's words Don't Suffer kept replaying inside her head. She would never let her child suffer but the thought that she might have to kill her daughter drove her crazy.

Arabella held tears in her eyes as Tyrion approached her. "What are you thinking about?" he asked softly as Sansa glanced at Arabella too.

She avoided their eyes as they wandered around frantically. "Arabella..." Sansa trailed off sadly but the Baratheon shook her head. "We all die together. You got it?"

Arabella then put her lips on Ellyn's head squeezing her eyes shut as Tyrion put his hand on Arabella's shoulder. "Together."

~~~

When the Night King raised a new army of the deceased ones Jon had no choice but to fight off then as he entered Winterfell which was practically in ruins.

Big piles of rubble fell down and Jon had barely managed to escape it as his goal was to made his way towards Bran. He prayed to all the Gods that his wife and daughter were alright in the crypt. That the Dead hadn't gotten to them.

Jon fought his way through as he could see Brienne, Jaime and Podrick stand by the wall trying to fight off the wights that kept swarming through. He then killed one wight and rushed forward before killing any wight that managed to grab him. A horrible feeling crossed his chest and he paused but then someone killed a wight that targeted Jon.

He saw Caine fighting as Jon yelled. "Arabella?!"

"In the crypt!" Caine yelled. The two men continued to fight off the wights as Jon marched forward but Caine followed. The two entered an empty corridor as Caine stabbed one wight before pushing him off. "Fucker! Snow, wait up!"

Caine ran towards Jon as the ceiling below then fell. A rubble of stone fell onto Jon and he screamed and fell down but Caine helped him. Jon couldn't understand why but he was grateful.

They were at war and every damn live counted. A wight attacked Caine but he easily disarmed it and helped Jon stand up. "If you're trying to fight the ice dragon alone, you're a dead man," Caine sneered as the two men caught their breaths for a single second. Jon glared at him. "Let me help you."

Suddenly, a wall broke down and a dozen of wights started to swarm the place causing Jon and Caine to run towards the gate. They were quick enough to enter as Caine grabbed the gate and began to close it on the wights.

Jon helped him as he closed the lid as the wights' arms sticked through them. It grabbed Caine by the throat but Jon cut the arm off. "Fuckers," Caine sneered as Jon nodded at him and the two continued to make their way towards their goal.

The two men finally entered the main part of Winterfell castle's yard as Viserion, the fallen dragon of Daenerys screeched in the distance.

It landed on the roofway and spat blue fire at the soldiers as Jon grabbed onto Caine and began to run to hide from the flame that was coming their way.

The two pressed themselves against the wall as nothing but blue fire emerged around, almost burning Jon's back.

The flame stopped as Viserion turned to another side. "Snow..." Caine whispered but Jon only nodded.

"I know."

Caine only nodded and they ran back into the battlefield. More wights bursted inside as Jon fought his way through with Caine following from behind. Blood poured from their faces as Jon got hit but Caine pushed him away. "Let's go!" Caine shouted loudly and they ran towards Viserion, thinking that their swords would be able to kill the dead dragon.

Viserion noticed them so Caine grabbed onto Jon and pushed him behind the wall but Caine was too late to hide himself.

Jon heard screams of agony when the blue flame hit Caine and burned him into nothing.

Jon kept breathing loudly as Viserion killed Caine. Nothing was okay. Jon's heart broke down as he closed his eyes for a second feeling like a part of him had just collapsed. In that second he knew he had to get towards the crypt.

Vote, read, comment.