7.9 Not Happy

A raven was flying towards Dragonstone as Jon watched it from the mining works that they did

A raven was flying towards Dragonstone as Jon watched it from the mining works that they did. He knew it must have been for Daenerys and didn't care about it until Missandei, Daenerys most trusted advisor, walked down to see him.

"A letter for you, my lord," she answered, calling him as a lord because her only Queen was Daenerys.

Jon furrowed his eyebrows and took it. She nodded her head and walked away. Jon looked around before opening it.

Jon,

I'm writing you with an aching heart. You wounded me, you hurt me, you left me alone. And trust me, I waited. Our daughter was born and I received only one letter.

Tell me, is she worth it? Is she better than me in any way? I told you I'd be alright with you marrying another, but I was wrong. I want us to be together, and I am done sacrificing my own happiness for kingdoms, because it means nothing to me until the White Walkers are defeated.

Ellyn wants you, she stays awake at nights, crying, because she needs her father. You left me, with that I already live. But do not leave her, as she isn't at fault for our mistakes.

Don't write if you don't want, but I will not let you forget about your daughter.

Arabella of House Baratheon

Jon was heartbroken. He wrote her every single day of his departure, with many apologies, many I love you's, but she didn't get them.

He was so sure it was Littlefinger doing his job to cause havoc and wanted to go back. But couldn't.

~~~

Arabella was in her chamber looking through the window to see Sansa walking around with Lord Baelish. She sneered lowly then backed away.

Minds were not letting her sleep at nights, as they were suggesting her more and more, and she wanted to do it. She wanted to leave Winterfell and come back to Kings Landing.

It was dangerous, dumb even but she knew that being in Winterfell, without Jon, made her feel lonely and unwanted.

She touched her pendant with Reddard's part in it and knew it was his home, it was Ellyn's too. Arabella turned back to her child to see her sitting on bed, playing with a rattle.

A lot of time since her birth happened, and she was bigger, almost seven months. "My lovely," she smiled and sat down in bed.

There was a knock on the door and Arabella opened them to see Sansa. The ginger smiled and walked in before going towards her niece. "You've been absent for quite a while," Sansa mused taking Ellyn into her hands and stroking her dark hair.

Arabella stood in the same place with a calm face as she stared at Sansa. "I don't want those handmaidens touching or taking care of my daughter," she answered, and Sansa saw some of Cersei's qualities in Arabella. "And I can't take her outside, as it's cold."

Arabella walked over to the window and looked through it while playing with her pendant. "She's growing fast," Sansa commented holding Ellyn as Arabella thought of Jon.

"And he's not here to see it," she answered coldly then shook her head. "I received one letter, Sansa. One, at the beginning, eight months ago."

Sansa looked at her sadly then placed Ellyn on the bed before approaching her dearest friend. "Maybe it's the Dragon Queen. Maybe he doesn't write you because he's afraid she will do something to you."

"Why is everyone reminding me that?!" Arabella raised her voice angrily. "That's what Caine has been saying me these months, but let me remind you that it wasn't me, who killed Rhaegar, or the Mad King even..."

Sansa shrugged gently, grabbing Arabella's hands into her own cold ones. "She is a daughter of the Mad King. Who knows how a Targaryen thinks."

"Then she is no fit to rule," Arabella exclaimed, yanking her hands away and walking to her confused daughter. She picked Ellyn up and kissed her forehead gently. "Jon knew very well in what he put himself, and yet he still went there. How long till he bent the knee?"

Sansa frowned at that idea so Arabella just shrugged. "He won't do it."

"Jon..." Arabella paused then tried to calm herself. She was ready to do what she thought of and knew it would make her lose Sansa, and possibly Jon forever. "Never mind. Can we speak... later?" she asked and Sansa nodded weirdly before leaving the room.

Instantly, Arabella started looking for Bran while leaving Ellyn with her handmaiden. She found him in the GodsWood and approached him quickly. "You made your decision," Bran spoke not even knowing who it was.

"Is what you meant by you have to go back where it all started is for me to go back to Kings Landing?" she asked him seriously.

"That is for you to find out," Bran said as she looked at the tree with a face on it. The Northern Gods always scared her.

"Bran, please don't talk with hidden meanings because I need to know the truth," Arabella frowned deeply as he looked at her calmly. "I have to know if I can get redemption again. Can I be happy once again? Because right now I am not."

Bran then nodded his head. "The road is long, Arabella, it's winter, you have to leave now," he said in his usual calm voice. "Sometimes meeting people you hate is a way of knowing if you're worth of redemption."

Arabella nodded her head and left him there as she had one thing in mind. To go back to where it all started.

Vote, read, comment.