8.15 His Queen

Cersei was overlooking Kings Landing with a calm look on her face when Maester Qyburn entered with a conflicted look on his face

Cersei was overlooking Kings Landing with a calm look on her face when Maester Qyburn entered with a conflicted look on his face. Cersei felt presence and turned around. "Did they defeat it?"

Qyburn only nodded his head so Cersei smirked bitterly. "How many are gone?"

"A lot," Qyburn was hesitant and she noticed it from his voice. Cersei raised her eyebrows up so the maester then sighed. "Some casualties too. Your daughter... Has died from the hands of the wight while protecting people."

Cersei's eyes lingered on him for a moment before she turned back towards the view of Kings Landing. "Told her she would die," Cersei's tone was cold as her Hand stood behind with a face. "Thank you, Qyburn."

"Your Grace," he mused and left as Cersei's face remained calm until her bottom lip quivered. She gripped onto the railing of the window and began to cry sorrowfully while looking down.

Cersei shook her head and slipped down the wall before burying her face into her hands, sobbing painfully.

~~~

Jon declined to burn her body with the other fallen people. He declined to leave his room. He declined to let anyone inside.

A few days had passed since the Long Night as people still mourned over the losses but not quite like they mourned Arabella.

Jaime and Tyrion were devastated, Gendry unable to forgive himself and Sansa felt broken and empty without Arabella.

When the time came to say goodbye to Arabella Jon finally left his room.

Her body was placed in a beautiful casket, clothed in Baratheon styled dress as Jon entered the room she was in to see Jaime and Tyrion, Gendry, Sansa, Bran, Arya and so many more people who had talked to Arabella even only once. Even Daenerys stood besides Missandei with a sad look on her face.

Sansa was holding Ellyn and Jon's heart broke upon seeing his daughter. He had been so angry at the world to realize that he still had her.

Jon approached his daughter and sister before taking Ellyn into his hands. The girl wrapped her small arms around his neck and pressed her cheek against his as Jon closed his eyes.

Tyrion mustered his courage and took a step forward. "Arabella was..." he mused as a tear escaped his eye. Jon stared at Tyrion with wide eyes. "Arabella was a good person. When she was brought back home after Robb's... Well, you all know..."

Jon looked at Arabella's body for a second but it lasted for a long time after that. "She was broken. Beyond repair. But she jumped back on her feet for a new purpose. And she jumped back even after another heartbreak... She met you, Jon Snow. And I have never seen her be so courageous and willing. Arabella Baratheon may be dead but she will live in our hearts forever. As a good person, a loving wife and mother, a forgiving niece-"

Tyrion glanced at Jaime who smiled to himself sadly. Tyrion then approached the casket she was laying in and frowned deeply. "Many will miss you, my dear."

Jaime approached the casket and looked down at her face before nodding his head. "I as hell sure will."

They took turns in saying their goodbyes until Tyrion turned to see Jon standing by the door in a hurry to leave. "Jon, you may blame yourself for it now but it's nobody's fault," Tyrion told him seriously as Jon looked away. "You still have a daughter, a piece of Arabella. Protect her from all the bad in the world. Because that's what Arabella would want."

Tyrion then spared one last glance at his niece and left the room as Jon approached her with tears in his eyes.

Without saying a word Jon leaned forward and kissed her cold forehead before looking at her. He then nodded his head. "You're the best thing that ever happened to me."

Jon then closed the casket.

Vote, read, comment.