8.16 Forever

6 years later:

6 years later:

In a harsh and cold winter there was a small village beyond the Wall. In that small village there lived a young and courageous little girl with deep brown eyes and a smile that could melt the snow.

Ellyn Snow was her name and she had the most beautiful laugh and smile that healed the people of the village.

In one big tent set with animal fur Ellyn was sitting on the ground giggling playfully as her father sat in front of her as he made her laugh. "Father! That can't be true!" Ellyn laughed loudly after he told her that his good friend Sam once defeated a White Walker. "Samwell is smart and good but he isn't a fighter!"

Jon smiled at her gently with a chuckle. "You don't have to be a a good knight to fight, love."

"Just like mother," Ellyn mused in amazement as Jon nodded his head. The heartbreak was still there even after years.

"Just like your mother, yes."

Ellyn then pursed her lips in a curious manner and crawled over to sit on Jon's lap. He looked at her in confusion as she wrapped one arm around his neck. "Tell me the story."

Jon sighed. "Ellyn, I'm tired. You've heard it hundreds of times."

Ellyn wasn't backing down. She got that from her mother. "Alright... I'll say it then."

Jon laughed softly and motioned for her to start. "In the Long Night when the bad men threatened the good men outside, down inside my mother plunged a dagger into the bad man's chest and it fell down. She saved a little boy," Ellyn moved back dramatically as he watched her with a smile. Jon laughed at how she skipped some parts, simply forgetting them.

Ellyn stood up and began to reenact a scene with an invisible sword as she moved around. "Mother was victorious. Oh, but then she fell!" Ellyn exclaimed as Jon lost his smile. "She fell but you came. Saved her as a hero but she had another mission. A mission beyond the castle. It was so big-" Ellyn got into Jon's face with wide eyes, her short arms flailing to the sides.

Jon chuckled. "So big that even the Wall didn't fit into it. But mother was smart. She knew she'd be leaving a small bundle of joy... So she gave her a strength source."

Ellyn then showed him her necklace that contained Ellyn's brother's hair. "A strength to grow up. To give you strength."

"Are you boasting that you're my strength source?" Jon questioned playfully as Ellyn giggled and continued on with her story. Jon shook his head with a grin.

"You defeated the bad witch. A witch that burned children like me," Ellyn continued as Jon frowned a little.

"She wasn't a witch," he disagreed and then grabbed Ellyn by her waist and brought her into his embrace as she laughed gleefully as Jon's beard tickled her cheek. He kissed it and chuckled. "She was lost like all of us. But you are right, my love. I had to defeat her because of your mother's wish. To do what's best for you and me. And other small girls like you and some many more."

"Is it the best?" Ellyn asked as she calmed down after being playful.

"You're with me now. So it was," he commented as she put her hand on his cheek.

Ellyn contained so much love inside her. Jon wanted to protect her for the rest of her life. "You defeated the witch but her warriors wanted you gone," Ellyn continued on but calmer this time. "So the new king... The new king sent you to the Wall. Where I, as a miracle, was waiting for you."

"Best day of my life," Jon said slowly so Ellyn laughed loudly so he began to tickle her.

"Ahh!" she shouted through teary laughs as he laughed alongside her.

Even if Jon didn't believe in the afterlife because he hadn't seen one he knew that Arabella was watching over them.

She gave him love, a new life purpose that was his beautiful daughter that brought so much joy. "Father, you're my hero," Ellyn then said as he grabbed her gently before hugging her.

"And you are mine."

Ellyn hugged him back as Jon closed his eyes, seeing a young Arabella look at him with mischief in her eyes. The same eyes she gave him all the years back in Winterfell when she approached a bastard like him.

End of Season 8 and Arabella.

Vote, read, comment.