Chapter 01

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Names,characters,busnesses,places , events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons ,lving or dead or actual event is purely confidential.

©All rights reserved.
Frezbae 2017.
UNEDITED

----------------////---------------////--------------------

Natalia De Vera is my name, the only daughter of Lisa Rose De vera. Although my father died two years ago, we are now contented and happy with our simple life. I'm in my second year in college at Harvard Montemayor University, owned by the infamous, Montemayor's.

I study hard because I want to graduate, find a job, and get everything I want in this messed-up world.

I want to maintain a life that's simple, calm, and free; well, maybe because I am a quiet person. Despite this, I have friends who's loud and party goers, and as funny as it may sound, they are Kylie and Jenner. They are the truest persons I've ever met.

My cellphone vibrated while arranging my things for tomorrow. Kylie called, so I answered right away.

"Yes?" I answered as I pinned my cellphone between my shoulder and ear.

"What are you doing?" she asked on the other line.

"Fixing my stuff for tomorrow," I said plainly.

"Really? What color is your bag?" There she goes again, loving all the girly stuff.

"It's nude. Can you pick me up tomorrow?" We have a car, yet I cannot drive.

"Of course! That is the reason I called you in the first place. Jen and I will pick you up." she said on the other line.

I smiled. "Alright! I also need to talk to her because I would like to apply at their bistro. I want to sing again and use it to gain extra cash." I can sing, and I can play guitar. Mom said that I'm so much like my father, wanting to earn money even though I don't need it because I have a lot. It's from my mom; I just want to earn through my own capabilities and ways.

"That's good to hear! I miss you joining singing contests back in our high school days. And remember-"

"So, what time will you pick me up tomorrow?" I interrupted her.

I heard a sigh, "8 AM. Bye, I'll go call Jen."

I turned off my phone once the call ended. I went inside the bathroom to do my things before going to sleep. 8 AM is my first schedule tomorrow.

While lying down on my bed, I opened the Facebook app. It makes me sleepy. I was just scrolling when I saw a group photo. I looked at it one by one and one face was quite familiar to me. I shrugged the thought and focused on how they all look so equally handsome. Why can heaven be so unfair?