Chapter 24

Sebe and I had a fight that didn't stop me from going to Jen's birthday.

It was Jen's birthday, so there were no cakes or anything ready. Pure drink and honey were what she wanted. We are here now in Alcobar. Because I was so mad at him, I didn't say goodbye.

There are only three of us here at the table. Clinton just left, bringing Kylie here.

I chose the mild drink on the table.

"Sad?" Kylie commented to me.

I immediately nodded. I'm not in the mood.

"Come on! It's my birthday! Why is your face like that?" She and her boyfriend broke up again.

"It's your birthday, not mine." Lifeless, I said and gulped down a bottle of Smirnoff.

The bitter taste immediately spread through my throat.

"You fought?" Kylie asked.

I nodded.

"Oh! Was he jealous?"

"How did you know?"

"Clinton told me that Sebe's furious. You know you need to adjust, Nat. Maybe he's tired, so he needs tenderness."

Good. I hope she can apply this advice to her own love life!

I discarded the snout of the bottle.

"Sure. It's my fault too. He's damn possessive."

"Clinton also. It's in their bloodline that that's how it is!" She chuckled.

She's right.

"Let's dance?" Kylie invited me.

I nodded immediately and Jenn pulled them over. I am wearing an old rose above the knee dress, tube it. The long hair is still tangled.

Jenn immediately raised her hand, still holding the drink bottle, and danced.

"Whoo!" Jenn screamed.

I think I'm exhausted from Jen's energy. I traced my curves from my legs up to my shoulder. I do it repeatedly; suddenly, the hem of my dress was unintentionally pulled up.

So, it went up a bit and the other part of my thigh came out. I didn't mean that. After a while, someone pulled me. My chest immediately throbbed.

"You're done for tonight," he whispered sharply in my ear and just nodded at Kylie and Jenn.

I bit my lip so hard right away and pulled me out.

The dancers were relieved to see Sebastian and me passing by. It looked like a king and was given way in the middle because they stepped aside one after another.

He brought me to her cousins' table. I heard Radleigh whistle.

"Damn your eyes, Radleigh." Comment by Sebe.

"What?" Rad chuckled.

Sebe is very jealous now. Sebe just glanced at him with a serious look.

Radleigh raised his hand as if giving up. Rad is naughty. Is he not used to it yet? Sebe took his key fob from the table.

"We get going," Sebe said goodbye in a baritone voice.

I don't know how he knew I was here. Based on his face, he just woke up. He looked so exhausted, wearing a plain white t-shirt, and sweat shorts. Effortless elegance, even simple, is distracting.