Chapter 39

Sebe was putting his shirt on when the door opened. Shawn came in. He smiled at me immediately.

He was carrying papers that I think are for Sebe.

I smiled back but Sebe spoke.

"Baby, can you help me with this?" he said. He cannot properly wear his t-shirt. It wasn't easy to wear, especially since it didn't fit the muscles of his arm. And now I am wondering if his body is still the same or if he has become even more muscular.

In the days I cared for him I realized we miss each other. We used to cuddle all night. He is sweeter now than he was then. But he was still the same. He's sweet but so serious!

Sometimes mama brings Sapphire here but only once because I don't want her to get sick from here in the hospital. Sometimes as much as I can, I go home and watch the baby for a while.

It's also good that we can go home tomorrow because I want to be with the baby.

His arm is wrapped around my waist. Volts of electricity kicked my system.

Shawn professionally told Sebe his condition.

"I am glad you finally recovered." Shawn folded his document and shook hands with Sebe.

Sebe accepted that and nodded seriously.

"Thank you."

Shawn turned to me.

"Can we talk?" he asked seriously. My chest throbbed when I saw Sebe's jaw tighten.

"Uh."

"Could it be outside"? He added and glanced at Sebe. I could almost hear my heartbeat with extreme nervousness.

"You two can talk here." Sebe suddenly said. I blinked and didn't know what to say.

I don't know why Shawn said this vulgarly right in front of Sebe.

"All right, I'll come..." I think we need to talk. I think he has something to say.

Shawn smiled and left.

"What's that Natalia?" Sebe immediately told me angrily when the door closed.

Here he goes again. He used to call me baby but if he is serious and angry, he will call me Natalia. I closed my eyes firmly and sat down next to him.

"Sebe calmed down. We'll just talk. "

"I'm just in an accident but I haven't forgotten how I saw you in Iloilo with him! He even hugged you for fuck's sake! -"

He might get tense.

"Sebe! What are you saying? Yeah, I know! But because we're friends!"

"Friend huh?" he scoffed.

"Please, don't be mad. I don't want us to fight. I've learned my lesson. We can talk properly. Please, don't be mad." I swear I didn't recognize my voice right now.

I could see his jaw tighten. I looked at his handsome face. Besides his jaw-dropping looks, I also loved him.

His nose touched mine.

"Okay. Just talk."

I nodded. "Just talk," I said.

"Keep distance, no touching." I was almost embarrassed by what he said.

"Yes. No touching."

"Please kiss me, baby."

I squatted down to reach him, but he grabbed my nape and kissed me.